Help me out this this problem Please!!!

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
iampedro

Help me out this this problem Please!!!

Post by iampedro »

haldrich98

Post by haldrich98 »

From what I know (and have read in the other posts) SBC blocks port 25.
Therefore, you cannot run your server and have it send mail direct.
You must use a relay server.

MMv2

Post by MMv2 »

You can open alternative SMTP port.

iampedro

Post by iampedro »

Okay I have tried doing it threw an alternative port but it sent it but it seems that I haven't been able to get my e-mail to my hotmail account.

Post by Guest »

I dont think you will have much luck with hotmail, and a lot of other doamins like it. The core problem is the ability of been able to check agains a backwards DNS lookup, which through your dynamic ADSL connection, it will always fail. This is one of the earlier measures to assist in stoping spammers, but I guess there are other casualities, such as yourself.
Two suggests I can offer, try and find a "friendly" ISP who will rely your email through their static IP, or
The ideal solution, if you can, obtain a static IP yourself (I hope your current ISP can offer this???)

iampedro

Post by iampedro »

So once I obtain a static IP address for myself then I will be able to have the e-mail server work properly?

Post by Guest »

The static IP and an appropriely setup backwards dns. The backwards DNS you organise through the ISP who asigns you the static IP. They will know what you want!

iampedro

Post by iampedro »

Okay... That is what I am doing... I am currently have Static DSL installed on Friday... I right now can get 432K up and 2.4meg down so I am going with that package..

haldrich98

Post by haldrich98 »

You might tell them that you want to use port 25.
Even with an alternate port, if they block port 25, your server won't be able to receive email from other servers. (They'll all look for 25).

In addition, on one of my SBC customers, SBC blocked all outbound 25... meaning your server cannot send to other standard servers.
The alternate port will work to get your client emails to the server for sending, but it isn't much help when you need to communicate with other servers.

The service above is service with a static IP. I think if you want this to work right, tell them what you are doing.

BTW, the T1 we have via SBC isn't blocking any ports.
In addition, it seems they do weird things with fragmentation and the like on their DSL links... just something we've found.

iampedro

Post by iampedro »

Okay... The guy is comming out Friday I will talk to them about un-blocking this port and I will call them today and specify this change.... I can't have port 25 blocked... Thanks for the information..

ethannsmith190

Re: Help me out this this problem Please!!!

Post by ethannsmith190 »

thanks