Upgrading from Beta Version

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
Stuart M. Robinson

Upgrading from Beta Version

Post by Stuart M. Robinson »

Folks,

I'd like to upgrade our beta version of MailEnable to the current Professional release version.

Couple of questions: It looks like all the server settings will be retained (mailboxes etc), is that correct? Call me paranoid, but I need to be sure.

During the time between upgrading and entering the registration key, I'm assuming all mail will be unavailable? If so, will MailEnable just bounce messages back to their senders or will mail disappear into a black hole...

Thanks!

Stuart.

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Do you wish to upgrade the beta of the Professional to the release of the Professional? The Professional doesn't alter any mailboxes/domains/etc, so you shouldn't have a problem with this. You can either uninstall your current Pro version, or install the new one over the top.

The trial version of the Professional on our site isn't restricted for the trial period (of 2 months), so between upgrading and registering you are still fully functional. The registration process is basically the issuing of a keycode that is personalised to your machine. The Professional trial is unrestricted so you can test and run and only purchase when you are happy with the product.

It is always a good idea to backup your settings whenever performing upgrades or changes to your server. This knowledgebase article should help with this:

http://www.mailenable.com/kb/viewarticle.asp?aid=24

If you have a beta version of the Professional kit installed, you will also need to make sure you are running a later version of the Standard edition (no older than 2 weeks).

Stuart M. Robinson

Post by Stuart M. Robinson »

Many thanks for your help.

I'm upgrading from a beta of the professional version to the commercial release of the professional version.

Just to be 100% clear, after backing everything up, it sounds like I need to install the release version of the standard edition first, then install the professional version over that, correct?

Thanks again!

Stuart M. Robinson

bcupps

Post by bcupps »

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but yep, that's what you need to do. Install the newest Standard first.