iPhone Contacts Sync: CardDav Bug?

Raise/discuss any potential issues with MailEnable for consideration in project issue register.
Bace

iPhone Contacts Sync: CardDav Bug?

Post by Bace »

Mail Enable 6.51 - Enterprise Premium
Windows Server 2008 R2
iPhone IOS:5.1
----------------------------------------------
I have sucessfully configured Contacts sync via CardDav for my iPhone.

However, a contacts physical address details do not syncronise from the iPhone to the MailEnable server.

Scenario 1: If I add a street address to a contact on the MailEnable server (via Webmail) this address is syncronised to my iPhone as a 'work' address. Great. But then, if I then edit the address on my iPhone, this edit is not sent to the server, instead, a moment later, the server address information is copied down to my iPhone overwriting the new details I had entered.

Scenario 2: If I delete a contacts address information from my iPhone the address details initially disappear, but a moment later, the address reappears - duplicated from the server.

Bug? or an error with my configuration?

Thanks
Dwayne

Bace

Re: iPhone Contacts Sync: CardDav Bug?

Post by Bace »

MailEnable, how can I log bugs, and get some feedback?

I started through your incident logging process, but the only relevant options were going to cost me $US80. Frankly, I don't want to pay simply to log a fault.

My forum query (above) has been sitting here unanswered for two weeks.

It's possible this bug has been logged already, and someone may even be working on it....but how would anyone know? I suspect there are a large number of your customers (like me) individually experiencing issues and being forced through the complaint, diagnosis, resolution search process. This is time consuming and frustrating. Not to mention how annoyed our customers get.

A request on behalf of all your clients; Please can you publish and maintain a list of defects as they are identified, and what status they are in.

Thanks
Dwayne

P.S. Some feedback on my "iPhone Contacts Sync: CardDav Bug" query would also be appreciated.

MailEnable
Site Admin

Re: iPhone Contacts Sync: CardDav Bug?

Post by MailEnable »

The forum is not the best place to raise and list bugs because - as you have experinced, they can easily get lost and are not tracked. You can raise defects via the support ticket system at no cost. We do appreciate the time taken in reporting potential defects or issues.

In terms of your query, MailEnable currently supports only a single address field, so its likely that the interpretation of the field is being lost accross devices. We are working on supporting additional address classes for forthcoming releases. If you raise the ticket though (I would do it if I knew the e-mail address to use), then the matter can be investigated further and potential workarounds or patches identified. Your point about a public defect list is a good one - we are currently reviewing this and hope to be able to publish such a list under online services.
Regards, Andrew