[SOLVED] iPhone & iPad mail app crashing

Raise/discuss any potential issues with MailEnable for consideration in project issue register.
Nik23

[SOLVED] iPhone & iPad mail app crashing

Post by Nik23 »

We are evaluating EAS from mailenable. We are using Mailenable Ent 6.54

After configuring EAS on iPhone & iPad, we have noticed that mail app keeps crashing. Also emails already read previously are marked unread automatically.

MailEnable
Site Admin

Re: iPhone & iPad mail app crashing

Post by MailEnable »

We have had no reports of any crashing on Apple devices. But we are aware a bug with respect to the read/unread status.
(Basically the EAS devices would not always recognise changes made via IMAP clients). It would use the <READ>1</READ> value from the index rather than using the <FLAGS>\SEEN</FLAGS> elements.

The 6.55 release has the update for this was released today (http://www.mailenable.com/download.asp).
Regards, Andrew

Nik23

Post by Nik23 »

After updating to 6.55, read/unread issue is resolved.

But we are still facing problem of mail app crashing out randomly on iphone & ipad both.

Reqest your help.

Regards,
Nik

MailEnable
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable »

Hi, we have not had any defects raised and have not been able to reproduce this behaviour.
How often does this occur (is it reproducable)?

Would it be possible for you to enable troubleshooting logging and to provide a zip containing the logs at the time of crash?
It may be simplest to raise a support ticket under the defect (free) category. Alterntively you could e-mail the logs to (logfiles@mailenable.com).
Regards, Andrew

sb1165

Post by sb1165 »

Hi,

I'm also still working on the evaluation of EAS and got the biggest issues with the help of Andrew respectively with software updates sorted out (umlauts with EAS).
But I can also confirm Nik's posting that the mail app is crashing with EAS configuration on the Iphone and Ipad. IMAP and POP3 has no issue.
And what's interesting, if the app is started after a crash all folders "are empty"; the mail list needs a few second until it's filled again.
If mails were read in the session, that crashed, they are again marked as unread.
I'm also on 6.55.

Best regards
Christian

MailEnable
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable »

Perhaps the crashing issue relates to (or is aggravated by) extended characters.
We have been trying to reproduce the issue, but as yet, still have not been able to do so.
This app provides debug output on the device itself.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/console- ... 35348?mt=8
ie: At the time EAS crashes, if you then access the Mail Sync logs using the app, it may give an indication of the crash/cause.
In the interim, we will continue to exercise the device. Thanks.
Regards, Andrew

sgirard

Post by sgirard »

I would also like to confirm this bug. It is happening several times per day to our iPhone users. I have installed console on device on several and the logs do not indicate an obvious problem to me. It is fairly esoteric data.

I am also seeing problems with the devices frequently doing a total refresh of the folder such that a user must wait for all mail to re-download.

Thanks.

swim

Post by swim »

I can also confirm we are seeing the same behaviour on various i-phone devices on a daily basis

Nik23

Post by Nik23 »

Request you to resolve the issue at earliest. Because of this issue, EAS is becoming unusable on iphone & ipad.

Regards,
Nik

sgirard

Post by sgirard »

This seems to have resolved for me in 6.60.

alejandromelis

Re: [SOLVED] iPhone & iPad mail app crashing

Post by alejandromelis »

Hello:

I've the same problem with IPhone with IOS 6.1.3. I'm testing Active Sync in MailEnable Enterprise Edition 7.08. Windows Phone and Android work ok.

Best regards,

Alejandro Melis

wiliamsth

Re: [SOLVED] iPhone & iPad mail app crashing

Post by wiliamsth »

i need that EAS. it ain't working on myios 6 also. please do something ASAP