[SOLVED] EAS no longer working

Raise/discuss any potential issues with MailEnable for consideration in project issue register.
sb1165

[SOLVED] EAS no longer working

Post by sb1165 »

Hi,

it's me again :-(
Seems that the upgrade to 6.58 confound my complete MailEnable Installation that worked properly for the last years.
Since today EAS is no longer accessable (changed nothing since the last days).

In the MailEnable ActiveSync Management Console / Verification I get the message:
"The server does not support ActiveSync"

In the Licensing section it's stated that the license is valid and that 6 of 20 licenses are used.

Would be happy if someone has an idea to sort this out; already done a server reboot and checked MailEnable - found nothing...

I'm also think about reinstallating MailEnable server from the scatch due to all the problems the last days (complete deinstallation of ME and install new).
Is there a way to preserve all settings, mailboxes, emails etc.?

Regards
Christian

P.S. By the way I fixed the WebMail problem by manuelly deleting the .NET 2 handler binding and creating .NET 4 handler bindung and resetting it to parent.

MailEnable
Site Admin

Re: EAS no longer working

Post by MailEnable »

Hi Christian,
Did you get this sorted?
I have not heard of EAS breaking on installations. if you still have problems, perhaps log a ticket under installation or upgrade and someone will investigate.
We just released 6.70 which better handles app pools that are running with versions post 2.x.
Rehards, Andrew
Regards, Andrew

sb1165

Post by sb1165 »

Hi Andrew,

yes, it's sorted out with the update to 6.70, but the MailEnable Server shows up Version 6.60...

By the way, is it planned, that MailEnable will support multiple contact information (e.g. addresses) like MS Exchange respectively MS Outlook in the future?

With the actual version it's not possible for me to offer the EAS service to my customers since not all contact information is available and, if you create new contact data with Outlook and the MailEnable Outlook connector, all data that is not supported by the MailEnable server, will be deleted.
This is the same effect with iOS; you may create contacts with a lot of different information, save and close it.
As soon as it snychronizes with the MailEnable Server all information that ME can't handle are deleted and no longer available.

Another issue I have, is that if sending mail from an iPhone with EAS, the friendly name is not shown, with WebMail it is.

Is there a solution for my issues?

thanks for your support in advance.

Best regards
Christian

MailEnable
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable »

Thanks, the new release addresses alot of IIS framework version issues - so things should be much better herein.
By the way, is it planned, that MailEnable will support multiple contact information (e.g. addresses) like MS Exchange respectively MS Outlook in the future?
It should now. Multiple e-mail addresses were added recently. Perhaps you could check and validate that its working on your system.
Also, the web page published version was incorrect - it should have been 6.60 -,the pages have now been corrected . thanks.
Regards, Andrew