read/unread status

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
v.annunziata

read/unread status

Post by v.annunziata »

Webmail, after some seconds, change the status of the message selected from unread to read.
Can I change the duration of that time? Or can I change the status only if the message is opened?

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: read/unread status

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

No, the duration time for this cannot be altered. The behavior should not change back to unread in the first place. There either is a problem when the initial message flag is set, or the mailbox is being accessed elsewhere using another email client which could be causing issues. Do you see any failures within the MailEnable diagnostic report relating to permission based problems? Are you able to emulate this on a regular basis? If so then lodge a support ticket and provide the steps and mailbox details along with server access and we can troubleshoot further.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

v.annunziata

Post by v.annunziata »

People complain to see a lot of messages on their client as UNREAD, but that's not true.
Only on the smartphone and not in Webmail. We use the latest versione of ME Enterprise edition.
How can I solve this problem?

swim

Post by swim »

we are seeing the same issue with unread emails showing a different count between ME webmail Outlook 2010 and EAS mobile devices

v.annunziata

Post by v.annunziata »

yes, we have the same problem!

v.annunziata

Post by v.annunziata »

MailEnable support can you help us to solve the problem?
We have all accounts with the same problem?
I see some folders with in bolder and with a number of unread message, but in that folder there aren't unread messages...
That's a very problem for us. Tks.

v.annunziata

Post by v.annunziata »

Another problem, for example,...
Without using other clients...
I login to my account, see the Deleted folder with 3 in the counter of unread messages.
Open the that folder and see 4 messages and only one is bolded as unread message.
Why?

swim

Post by swim »

I can confirm the exact same behaviour using ME webmail. We also see "Sent Items" folder showing 5 Bold unread message count, but in this folder all messages are read.

v.annunziata

Post by v.annunziata »

No answer from ME support? We must open a bug ticket?
More people ask me to solve this problem on my server.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

We are aware of the problems when moving messages from folder to folder where the unread count is incorrect. This is a logged issue and will be looked at the earliest. I do not have a time frame when this will be reviewed at this stage. In the interim to correct the incorrect count try and delete the "_FOLDER.DAT" located within the respective folder.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

v.annunziata

Post by v.annunziata »

I don't know if the problem is done only moving messages from a folder to another folder, perhaps for other reasons.
I can't ask to 100 users to tell me folders with the problem to delete the _folder.dat file, the first time and then? The problem occur again every day.
Please, correct the problem as soon as possible. Thanks.