[TICKET] Sent items from ActiveSync Mobile are just gone.

Raise/discuss any potential issues with MailEnable for consideration in project issue register.
webshaun

[TICKET] Sent items from ActiveSync Mobile are just gone.

Post by webshaun »

Activesync mobile customers can't see any sent items from ASM or on their phones. It is like the message sent out never existed. There is no way to track what you've sent out. This MUST be fixed right away - no excuses, the software just doesn't work if sent items don't go into the sent items folder from ASM.
---
Shaun Rieman
Advanced Micro Technologies, LLC

MailEnable
Site Admin

Re: Sent items from ActiveSync Mobile are just gone.

Post by MailEnable »

I verified this on WP7 and Android (Various versions ranging from 2.x - 4.0) and the item appears in the Sent Items folder.

The first question is whether the actual message has been sent and received by the recipient. ie: Perhaps the device is not even issuing the Send request to the server.

Assuming that the message is getting sent, diagnosing would require inspecting the EAS troubleshooting logs to see if the request is telling the server to save the item into the sent items folder.

Also, what is "ASM"? WIth my best guess, that would be ActiveSync Manager - but it is not intended to view folders or sent items. Perhaps it is a third party EAS client or something?

Issues taunted as serious as this really should be directed through the ticketing system, since they will require review of logs in order to provide a suitable answer. It is very difficult to track and manage issues like this under the forum as they are easily lost. Although its not ideal, I have moved these issues under the Error Reports category they can be tracked and marked accordingly.
Thanks
Regards, Andrew

webshaun

Post by webshaun »

ASM=EAS... You're on my server right now, I've already run a test and the messages do send out from mobile.
---
Shaun Rieman

webshaun

Post by webshaun »

are you looking at the sent folder through MAPI connector? Maybe there is a conflict of some kind between your MAPI connector and AS.
---
Shaun Rieman

MailEnable
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable »

OK thanks. I will see who is on the server and see where it is at.
Regards, Andrew

MailEnable
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable »

We are looking into this issue. It is possible that its limited to JellyBean and relates to birthday dates. Since a malformed date may stop the phone showing contacts and synchronising other folders.
We will post more when we have confirmed this.
Regards, Andrew

MailEnable
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable »

Unfortunately, we are not able to reproduce this issue (we tested on JellyBean).
You do have a ticket open, so it will be best if the issue is reviewed and resolved under the ticket - the outcome can then be posted on the forum.
Regards, Andrew