Delete / Sent from EAS mobile doesn't update on server

Raise/discuss any potential issues with MailEnable for consideration in project issue register.
webshaun

Delete / Sent from EAS mobile doesn't update on server

Post by webshaun »

Sending out emails from mobile EAS on some devices, deleting an item causes it to completely disappear. it isn't moved into sent items or deleted items. This issue spans multiple devices. Mine personally is android jelly bean.
---
Shaun Rieman
Advanced Micro Technologies, LLC

MailEnable
Site Admin

Re: Delete / Sent from EAS mobile doesn't update on server

Post by MailEnable »

Hi Shaun,
MailEnable implements ActiveSync as a protocol - so any misbehaviour is possibly a problem with how the protocol is implemented (the device should not really matter).
It really depends on what commands the device is sending to the server, and how the device has implemented ActiveSync. I tested Android 4 and it works the same way. ie: it does not move to deleted items.
To diagnose, perhaps turn on the EAS logging for the device. Filter by mailbox and then make the changes on the device.
You should then see what command the device is submitting to the server (and these will hopefully provide an indication as to what is occuring).
With the requests filtered by mailbox, the xml request and response are fairly easy to track down.
The request will either show a delete or a move.
Regards, Andrew

desy76

Re: Delete / Sent from EAS mobile doesn't update on server

Post by desy76 »

Hi
I'm an italian user and have the same problem...
i try with a more mobile
samnsung, iphone,ipad...
but when i send email using account in eas the mail don't appear in any folder ...

but yesterday all work fine...
what's matter?