MAPI Calendar Reminders

Raise/discuss any potential issues with MailEnable for consideration in project issue register.
sgirard

MAPI Calendar Reminders

Post by sgirard »

Server 6.7
MAPI 1.51
Windows XP and 7 x32 and X64
Outlook 2003 and 2010

My users have multiple workstations. Every time they open Outlook, they are met with many dozens of calendar reminders for past appointments.

When a calendar appt reminder is acknowledged, can it be made to be permanently so, and not come up again at each new workstation? My users are becoming desensitized to reminders and have developed the habit of "dismissing all" because of the annoyance. It is hard to justify to them that they must scroll through 60 reminders to find any that may remain relevant.

Note: Even if the same appointment is acknowledged at each workstation, it still must be re-acknowledged each time they return to that workstation after sitting at a different workstation.

MailEnable
Site Admin

Re: MAPI Calendar Reminders

Post by MailEnable »

Unfortunately this is a limitation of the implementation because the reminder dismissals are stored locally within the Outlook configuration and are not communicated to the server (specifically they are stored in the cached PST which resides under the local Users/Application Data area). So the reminders should not re-occur for the same user on the same workstation, but would re-occur in other cases.
It may be possible for the dismissal to be communicated to the server, where they could be distributed to new clients (either connected or queued for offline, and I can raise this in the product register, but I would imaging that it will be some time before it could be put into production).
Regards, Andrew