Any version allow different IP for different Post Offices?

For any other discussion relating to MailEnable.
calfordgreen

Any version allow different IP for different Post Offices?

Post by calfordgreen »

Hi,
We run ME Pro 6.53 ? at the moment and we have a LOT of not for profit clubs that we host emails for. Unfortunately, we get occasional blacklisting due to one volunteer in one club using a very simple password which is guessed or using a computer which is infected.

The result is all clubs get blacklisted, because they are all sharing the same IP for outgoing mail. Obviously we jump on them when we realise what has happened, and we get delisted nomrally pretty quickly, but it is a pain.

What I wanted to look at doing is getting a load of IPs assigned to the mail server, and then spliting the clubs out so that, maybe 10 clubs are using a single IP, and another 10 are using another IP etc, that way, if a club causes a problem, only a small number of other clubs are affected.

Does ME at any level allow different outgoing mail IP Address settings for different post offices or do I have to go down the route of getting multiple small VPS all running ME ? That could get expensive, and most of the clubs run on a shoe string....

Any other ideas would also be appreciated, hence the long winded explaination in case there are other ways to skin this partcular cat.

Thanks
Marcus

sideshow

Re: Any version allow different IP for different Post Office

Post by sideshow »

Do you not have any way to enforce a stronger password policy on the lazy user?

Brett Rowbotham

Re: Any version allow different IP for different Post Office

Post by Brett Rowbotham »

The Enterprise edition allows for an IP per post office.

Cheers,
Brett