Enterprise 8 problems/issues

Raise/discuss any potential issues with MailEnable for consideration in project issue register.
Brett Rowbotham

Enterprise 8 problems/issues

Post by Brett Rowbotham »

1. After upgrade from 7.56 to 8 the HTTPMail service keeps crashing.
2. Web admin editing of list members gives script error when trying to save amended list using Windows 8.1/IE11. When this happened previously I had to turn on Compatibility mode to be able to work but logging in to Webmail afterwards says that Compatibility mode should be off.
3. Still no option of reordering columns in the MMC email account list for a domain. I prefer to have the email count appear before the size.

Cheers,
Brett

Brett Rowbotham

Re: Enterprise 8 problems/issues

Now on 8.01 and still having a problem with items 2 and 3 above.

Cheers,
Brett

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,
1. After upgrade from 7.56 to 8 the HTTPMail service keeps crashing.
You may have a earlier revision of 8.01. If you downloaded the kit a while back then download again as it was updated.
2. Web admin editing of list members gives script error when trying to save amended list using Windows 8.1/IE11. When this happened previously I had to turn on Compatibility mode to be able to work but logging in to Webmail afterwards says that Compatibility mode should be off.
I'm unable to emulate in IE 11. Perhaps delete your browsers cache and try again. Does it happen if you create a list and edit the list?
3. Still no option of reordering columns in the MMC email account list for a domain. I prefer to have the email count appear before the size.
Not too sure I understand where your referring to? Are you using the new MMC located within the "MailEnable > Admin" folder?
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

Brett Rowbotham

Item 1 referred to version 8 and was fixed when I updated to 8.01.

Item 2 no longer gives a script error in 8.01 with Compatibility View switched off but the list editing dialog misbehaves. If I select a list and click on Edit then the list editing dialog is displayed. I can add, edit and delete list members, but clicking the Save button causes the dialog to flash and stay open. If Compatibility View is switched on then the dialog closes properly after clicking Save.

For Item 3 I am using the MMC located in MailEnable > Admin. For version 7 and earlier of the MMC I was able to rearrange the displayed columns when viewing the mailboxes for a domain such that the inbox count came before the size. I can no longer find an option anywhere to do that. I am more interested in the number of messages in a mailbox than the total size of the messages so prefer to see the count column appear right after the mailbox name rather than after the size column as is shown now.

And now for item 4. If I have a message in the Bad Mail folder I can double click to see some of the message details in a dialog. The dialog has a View button to allow me to open the bad mailed message to view its contents. Clicking that button simply closes the details dialog and does not display the actual message contents so I am not sure what message I would be deleting if I chose to delete it.

Cheers,
Brett

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,
Item 1 referred to version 8 and was fixed when I updated to 8.01.
Ok glad its fixed.
Item 2 no longer gives a script error in 8.01 with Compatibility View switched off but the list editing dialog misbehaves. If I select a list and click on Edit then the list editing dialog is displayed. I can add, edit and delete list members, but clicking the Save button causes the dialog to flash and stay open. If Compatibility View is switched on then the dialog closes properly after clicking Save.
Still am unable to emulate the behavior. Have you tried on another client machine running IE 11 and connecting to the same ADMIN mailbox? Are you able to PM me with a test ADMIN mailbox along with the URL for the web admin interface so I can emulate?
For Item 3 I am using the MMC located in MailEnable > Admin. For version 7 and earlier of the MMC I was able to rearrange the displayed columns when viewing the mailboxes for a domain such that the inbox count came before the size. I can no longer find an option anywhere to do that. I am more interested in the number of messages in a mailbox than the total size of the messages so prefer to see the count column appear right after the mailbox name rather than after the size column as is shown now.
Ok I see. While I don't think a change to the new mmc will happen in the short term to accommodate this I suggest you revert to using the old mmc for column customization when sorting.
And now for item 4. If I have a message in the Bad Mail folder I can double click to see some of the message details in a dialog. The dialog has a View button to allow me to open the bad mailed message to view its contents. Clicking that button simply closes the details dialog and does not display the actual message contents so I am not sure what message I would be deleting if I chose to delete it.
Are you able to hit the View button for messages that reside in the SMTP outbound queue or doe sit behave the same way? I am unable to emulate on my side and may be related to the file association that the view button uses. It will use the windows file association to open the file. Therefore you may need to associate .MAI files with Windows notepad in Windows.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

Brett Rowbotham

Thanks for the assist Ian.

Installed Enterprise 8.02 and item 2 has been fixed.

Item 4 was fixed by associating .MAI files with NotePad but that requirement surprises me as if I went to Properties for a mailbox, selected the Messages tab and double clicked one of the messages shown it wass automatically opened in NotePad without that association having to be made. I would have assumed the use of the View button for other messages (Bad Mail, etc.) would have done the same thing.

I will be waiting for the resolution of item 3 but it is no biggie, just an annoyance in my situation.

Cheers,
Brett