WebAdmin mailbox redirection and group bugs in 8.03

Raise/discuss any potential issues with MailEnable for consideration in project issue register.
dustin

WebAdmin mailbox redirection and group bugs in 8.03

Post by dustin »

Two bugs(one anyway) I've experienced in 8.03 of WebAdmin, curious if others have this in 8.05 still:

Redirects for a mail account:

I attempted to create a new user called orders@domain.com to redirect mail to other accounts with the "Redirect mail to" option selected and a list of addresses separated by semi-colons, e.g. "test1@domain.com;test2@domain.com". When I went back to edit it by double-clicking on the line in webadmin, everything was read-only. Only when I clicked on the "Edit" button could I change stuff, so this may be an intended behavior, but I could see it being confusing for clients. Anyway, the redirect list string showed up as "test1@domain.com;test2@domain.com]" and in the MMC the redirect list was blank.

Group settings:

I then decided to try out groups, which I think is what we want here anyway. However, if I created a new group through webmail administration, and if I double-clicked on the new group name once created (you have to create the group first, then go back and add users), the Add, Edit, and Delete buttons do not show up. However, when I click the "Edit" button for the group, the window that pops up does show the three buttons. Again, this may be intended, but it's confusing.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: WebAdmin mailbox redirection and group bugs in 8.03

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,
Redirects for a mail account:

I attempted to create a new user called orders@domain.com to redirect mail to other accounts with the "Redirect mail to" option selected and a list of addresses separated by semi-colons, e.g. "test1@domain.com;test2@domain.com". When I went back to edit it by double-clicking on the line in webadmin, everything was read-only. Only when I clicked on the "Edit" button could I change stuff, so this may be an intended behavior, but I could see it being confusing for clients. Anyway, the redirect list string showed up as "test1@domain.com;test2@domain.com]" and in the MMC the redirect list was blank.
Have created an issue for this within our register to be addressed at the earliest.
Group settings:

I then decided to try out groups, which I think is what we want here anyway. However, if I created a new group through webmail administration, and if I double-clicked on the new group name once created (you have to create the group first, then go back and add users), the Add, Edit, and Delete buttons do not show up. However, when I click the "Edit" button for the group, the window that pops up does show the three buttons. Again, this may be intended, but it's confusing.
This is by design. They need to click the "Edit" button to edit a group.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support