DKIM only working on MAPI

Raise/discuss any potential issues with MailEnable for consideration in project issue register.
Post Reply
leinenga
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:12 pm

DKIM only working on MAPI

Post by leinenga » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:09 pm

Hi,

I have DKIM configured for several domains.
I got complaints from one customer that several mails get into spam or not delivered at all to microsoft mailaddresses.

After some investigation I think I found a bug by looking in the headers from the mails.

When I sent an email from webmail or via IMAP the headers in the mail will say: dkim=none (message not signed)
When I send via outlook with the MAPI connector the headers will say: dkim=pass (signature was verified)

I use the same emailaddress off course.

I use Mailenable enterprise 10.29

Kind regards,
Leo

leinenga
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:12 pm

Re: DKIM only working on MAPI

Post by leinenga » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:34 pm

Is there no one with the same problem?

To reproduce:
Send from a domain with DKIM configured an email via webmail or IMAP to a hotmail account and check if the headers say "dkim=none (message not signed)" or "dkim=pass (signature was verified)"

If this could be a configuration error I would gladly hear it, because it is a big problem.
Customers are complaining that mail disland in Junk or disappear completely.

Kind regards,
Leo

Brett Rowbotham
Posts: 543
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2003 7:48 am
Location: Cape Town

Re: DKIM only working on MAPI

Post by Brett Rowbotham » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:51 am

Just sent via webmail to my GMail account and DKIM works for me:
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com;
dkim=pass header.i=@xxxxx header.s=xxxx header.b=xxxx;
spf=pass (google.com: domain of xxxx designates xxx as permitted sender) smtp.mailfrom=xxx

leinenga
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:12 pm

Re: DKIM only working on MAPI

Post by leinenga » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:51 pm

Hi Brett,

Thanks for trying.

It got even stranger now. I tried to sent to a gmail account from webmail as well as MAPI and there is no mention of DKIM at all in the headers.

Now I searched further and I found out that for some reason the DKIM on the whole server was turned off. :oops:
I am sure this was always on. Maybe it turned off by accident with an update or something. That would explain why customers started complianing lately.

Why it said in hotmail via MAPI that DKIM check is passed is then the real bug/question I suppose.
But I am glad it works now as expected again.

Thanks again Brett.

Kind regards,
Leo

Post Reply