ASP 0177: Web mail or web administration fail with "The server process could not be started because the configured identity is incorrect".
Security permissions on MailEnable folders.
Try to resolve this issue using the
MailEnable Installer application to refresh the
Using the MailEnable Installer to Update System Components
1. Using Explorer, browse to the C:\Program Files\Mail Enable\BIN directory and select the file called "MEInstaller.exe"
2. Select the component that to be refreshed/re-installed
3. Click the Execute button and wait for the component to be updated.
4. Click on the button to view the installation log and check for errors. (If there are any errors please review the log file and search the MailEnable Knowledge Base for any error codes).
5. Close the application and see if the problem has been rectified.
The manual procedure follows:
This error is returned because the password for the IME_ADMIN account does not match the password that is defined in COM+. If the IME_ADMIN password has been changed this password will also need to be set in both the "Mail Enable" and "Mail Enable Administration" COM+ packages to match.
1. Ensure that the IME_ADMIN account has Read and Execute permission to the files located in the C:\Program Files\Mail Enable\BIN directory.
2. Reset the password of the IME_ADMIN account to a known password. IME_ADMIN is a user account created when the web mail application is installed. The web mail site runs under this account.
3. Open MTS (NT) or Component Services (2000) and set the identity account credentials to those used in Step 1.
Do this as
- Locate the COM+ package called "Mail Enable".
- Right click the icon in MTS or Component Services and select "Properties" which will bring up a window to change the user the package runs under.
- Set the password to the password which was set for the IME_ADMIN account.
- Select the "Mail Enable" package and select Shutdown.
4. Repeat this process for the package called "Mail Enable Administration" (this package is used by web admin).
5. Attempt to access the web admin and web mail applications.
|Product:||MailEnable (Pro-Any Pro-1.X Ent-Any Ent-1.X)|
|Class:||ERR: Product Error|
|Created:||26/05/2002 11:11:00 AM|
|Revised:||Wednesday, May 4, 2016|