After upgrading MailEnable or applying some hotfixes, Microsoft Management Console (MMC) errors may occur or some components in the MailEnable Administration program may be missing.
These errors are typically reported as "IMMCPropertyPage_Initialize" errors or "Type Mismatch" when using the MMC.
If some components in the MMC are missing, before completing the directions below please ensure that the correct MSC file is being used. After the completion of an upgrade the old MSC file is not deleted. If this original MSC file is being opened then any new administration features will not be displayed. The MSC files are stored in the Program Files\Mail Enable\BIN directory (.msc extension).
This issue can occur when the MailEnable installation program is not able to correctly register a .DLL or system library as a result of an upgrade.
Using the MailEnable Installer to
Update System Components:
1. Using Explorer, browse to the C:\Program Files\Mail Enable\BIN directory and select the file called "MEInstaller.exe". If a menu of options is not displayed, upgrade the installed version of MailEnable to the current release.
2. Select the component to have refreshed/re-installed. In this case "Re-register MMC Components"
3. Click the Execute button and wait for the component to be updated.
4. Clich on the button to view the installation log and check for errors. (If there are any errors, please review the log file and search the MailEnable Knowledge Base for any error codes).
5. Close the
application and see if the problem has been rectified.
Manual Procedure for Re-Registering MMC Libraries:
The following steps allow you to manually re-register MMC components. These instructions are not necessary since the MEInstaller application is the preferred and most effective means of re-registering MMC DLL libraries.
Instructions for manual registration follow:
1. Close the MailEnable Administration program
2. Open a command prompt
3. Execute the following lines in order.
Note: If Professional or Enterprise Editions are not installed, not all the DLLs below may appear. In this case, just register all the ones that begin with "MEAdmin".
Also, the path to regsvr32 may also be different, in
which case, locate the System32 directory and change the paths in the examples below
Re-creating the MSC file.
MailEnable's Administration Program is based on the Microsoft Management Console application framework. It therefore uses an MSC file to store its configuration settings. It is possible that the MSC file can become corrupt or that an old version of the MSC file is being used from a previous MailEnable installation. As such, it may be necessary to recreate the MSC file to ensure that all MMC snap-ins are correctly registered and configured under the system.
The following article outlines how to re-create the MSC file for all versions of MailEnable.
Snap-in errors when opening or closing the administration program: Article ME020208
Using the MailEnable MEInstaller.exe utility: Article ME020314
|Product:||MailEnable (All Versions)|
|Keywords:||MMC meinstaller Admin components Type Mismatch Microsoft Management Console|
|Class:||PRB: Product Problem or Issue|
|Created:||29/12/2002 6:30:00 PM|
|Revised:||Wednesday, May 4, 2016|