How to run the MailEnable antivirus option in debug mode for troubleshooting.
After setting up the antivirus component of MailEnable it is possible to check whether the configuration is correct. In the MailEnable Administration program under MailEnable Management > Servers > Localhost > Extensions > Message Filter. Click on "Message Filter" and in the right hand pane window double click on "MailEnable Antivirus Filter". Locate the Antivirus plug-in that is set to "Enabled" to and then click on the "Test Settings..." button. This button will create a test virus file (details of the test file can be found at http://www.eicar.com ), and then attempt to run the virus checker using the specified options. MailEnable will warn of any errors when it tests. Be aware that some virus checkers may not work with the "Test Settings" feature.
If the test does not indicate an error, but viruses are not being
detected, it can be helpful to follow the steps below to show what the
command line scanner is actually doing:
1. Stop the Mail Transfer Agent (MTA) service
2. Configure the antivirus options
3. Open a command prompt and enter the following command:
This will run the MTA service in debug mode to determine whether the emails are being scanned.
4. Download and send the test virus from http://www.eicar.org . This is a test file that virus checkers pick up. The virus checker should write output to the screen when the email goes through.
5. To stop the MTA service, press Control-C. Then start the MTA service through the MailEnable Administration program normally.
How to debug the antivirus support and the Mail Transfer Agent: Article ME020121
How to run MailEnable services in debug mode: Article ME020021
|Product:||MailEnable (Pro-Any Pro-1.X Ent-Any Ent-1.X)|
|Keywords:||Antivirus debug MTA filtering anti-virus anti virus testing test eicar|
|Class:||HOWTO: Product Instructions|
|Created:||7/03/2003 12:43:00 PM|
|Revised:||Wednesday, May 4, 2016|