How to manually refresh the COM+ components.
This issue may be able to be resolved using the MailEnable Installer
application to refresh the configuration. Instructions follow:
Using the MailEnable Installer to Update System Components:
1. Using Explorer, browse to the C:\Program Files\Mail Enable\BIN directory and select the file called "MEInstaller.exe"
2. Select the component to be refreshed/re-installed
3. Select the Execute button and wait for the component to be updated.
4. View the installation log and check for errors. If there are any errors, review the log and search the MailEnable Knowledge Base for any error codes.
5. Close the application and see if the problem has been rectified.
The manual procedure follows:
This article outlines how to refresh COM+ packages within MailEnable where specific classes cannot be found. i.e. the package was not correctly installed in COM+.
This article explains how to delete the classes and manually register them.
1. Open Component Services and check the MailEnable package. Various MailEnable components should be registered under the Components subtree.
2. Right click on the MailEnable package and select Shutdown.
3. Select the Components Branch and highlight everything that appears in the right hand pane.
4. Once this is highlighted, press the delete key.
5. All the components should now be removed and the next step will re-add them.
6. Right click on the Components icon, select New Component from the popup menu
7. A Wizard will now be displayed, select Next and select "Install new component(s)"
8. Browse to the C:\Program Files\Mail Enable\Bin directory and select the file called MEAPWMS.DLL. This file contains all of the web mail routines
9. Once selected, select Open
10. A list of all the components that are to be installed under the
MailEnable package will be displayed. Select the Next button.
11. Select the Finish button
Using the MailEnable MEInstaller.exe utility: Article ME020314
ASP 0177 : Web mail or web administration fail with 'The server process could not be started because the configured identity is incorrect': Article ME020030
Explanation of Windows COM+ Errors and their resolution: Article ME020203
|Product:||MailEnable (Pro-Any Pro-1.X Ent-Any Ent-1.X)|
|Keywords:||COM+ 0177 COM components refreshing refresh|
|Class:||HOWTO: Product Instructions|
|Created:||11/04/2003 11:12:00 AM|
|Revised:||Sunday, May 15, 2016|