Error 'The attachment could not be added to the message' occurs when uploading files under Windows 2003.
The additional error string reported is:
File save failed for the following reason: C:\Program Files\MailEnable\POSTOFFICES\\MAILROOT\\Drafts\ is an invalid path
The following error may also display:
Error MEUP001: The ASP Session expired during the upload.
IIS6.0/Windows 2003 uses a setting called 'AspMaxRequestEntityAllowed' to specify the maximum number of bytes allowed in the body of an ASP request. File uploads may contain more data than the 200K allowed by the default setting, and therefore this maximum value will need to be increased.
1. Stop the World Wide Web Publishing Service. This can be done from the
Windows Command Prompt as: net stop w3svc
2. In the C:\Windows\System32\Inetsrv directory, locate a file called metabase.XML.
3. Copy the original file into Notepad and find the line "AspMaxRequestEntityAllowed"
4. Change the value of this entry to "1073741824". (This specifies a maximum post size of 1 GB)
5. Save the file
6. Start the World Wide Web Publishing Service. This can be done from the Windows Command Prompt as: net start w3svc
Note: If the Metabase.XML file is locked, try starting Windows in Safe-mode to be able to change that file.
Note: If the server is accessed
remotely and Safe-mode is not an option, please check the following link which
explains how to edit the Metabase.XML while server is running.
Web mail downloads a file called "Getattachments" as opposed to the file: Article ME020350
Unable to download attachments greater than 4Mb in web mail using Windows 2003: Article ME020254
Attachments being removed: Article ME020266
|Product:||MailEnable (All Versions)|
|Class:||PRB: Product Problem or Issue|
|Revised:||Wednesday, May 4, 2016|