Search found 4 matches

by simonhoatson
Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:44 am
Forum: MailEnable Professional Edition
Topic: MTA Filtering Not Working Properly
Replies: 9
Views: 7965

Hi mammdo Well, it's definitely an 'I', and not an 'L" - I even copied the text to a file, then extraced the ascii code of each letter of the file to make sure. However, as per your suggestion, I added a '*' to the start of my spam phrase, and initial testing now seems to work fine. Many thanks for ...
by simonhoatson
Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:03 am
Forum: MailEnable Professional Edition
Topic: MTA Filtering Not Working Properly
Replies: 9
Views: 7965

I appreciate that HTML tags can cause problems. However, all my testing has involved plain text messages. I have since discovered that if I use an external word list, everything works fine - specifying *korma* catches korma, kormasauce, and lambkorma - both in plain text and in HTML. Why it should w...
by simonhoatson
Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:23 am
Forum: MailEnable Professional Edition
Topic: MTA Filtering Not Working Properly
Replies: 9
Views: 7965

Yes - korma* is listed in the spam word list. Configuration is as follows: Filter name - Test. Criteria: Where the message body contains specific words: Use short word list: korma korma* Actions: Mark message as Spam I know everything else is configured OK because I have some other filters to trap o...
by simonhoatson
Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:10 am
Forum: MailEnable Professional Edition
Topic: MTA Filtering Not Working Properly
Replies: 9
Views: 7965

I can't get filtering to work either! I set up a filter to mark messages as spam if the message body contains either korma or korma* Sending a msg with korma in it is successfully marked as spam, but a msg with kormasauce gets through. I'm using Professional 2.6 (although the Diag report says I'm us...