Version 11

Discussion of MailEnable beta products
dmatesic

Version 11

Post by dmatesic »

Hi, version 10 is already for some time active. When will ME team release a new version of the program?

dmatesic

Re: Version 11

Post by dmatesic »

No one cares about?
We are paying license cost for renewal and no new versions are there?

virmix

Post by virmix »

Tell what you need in future version!!

dmatesic

Post by dmatesic »

For example a more responsive, more usable and bug less WEBMail ?
Maybe a full WEB Admin interface and not this windows integrated non usable thing?
This is just for the beginning...
Regards

dmatesic

Post by dmatesic »

Also i would like:
- a better admin web interface
- a web interface where you can edit the logged in user (for no reason i don't understand why is not possible to edit the current user)
- a possibility to select more than few messages in WEB mail (you can select just the messages currently visible in the list, if you scroll you can't select them)

Gunther

Post by Gunther »

Is there any update on release date of new version and features? :?:

noamway

Post by noamway »

We also want to know what? if you guys don't go to update the product we'll need to think of other alternatives.

rfwilliams777

Post by rfwilliams777 »

Personally I would like to see a much better spam filtering. I still have MXScan installed on my server because it is the only customizable filtering per domain and levels of spam filtering. MagicSpam sucks. I would be more than happy to offer my mail server as an opportunity to see what I've had to do and has been tweaked just to keep spam to nearly a manageable level.
Robert Williams, Owner
www.WilliamsWebSolutions.com
#1 in MailEnable Business-Class Email Hosting - Switch to Williams Web Solutions and we will migrate your accounts to us for FREE!
We can be hired to help you with your Mail Enable server, too!

PMad

Post by PMad »

Here's a list of what i'd like to see:

1. Better Spam Filtering Options.
    Such as blocking by IP and/or UserName, make it a choice.

2. Notification options for administrators.
    This would allow admins to configure emails to inform them when certain actions are happening on their server. Such as multiple attempts to login as different users from the same IP, or the same user from different IP's, or other various things that a sysadmin might want to know about.

3. Reporting options.
    It would be nice to run a report for the last 24 hours (or whatever hours or days we type in) on failed login attempts and get a spreadsheet that shows the date, time, username, protocol(s) used, and IP addresses used. Or a report to see how often certain features are being used, or to see accounts that have been inactive for 90 days (or another custom amount). Reporting tools help us manage the system better to keep it running top notch, essentially, it helps us take out the trash. This may require logs to become databases instead of text files, which is probably a good idea anyway.

4. Paged List of EMails.
    Option to change the list of emails from a single long list to a paged list, showing a configurable number of emails per page. Currently, a single click of my mouse wheel jumps several pages down, so i setup rules to move older emails to an Archive folder. Now that issue happens in the archive folder, and still happens in my inbox, just not as bad. This should definitely include the option to manually type in the page number since people can be expected to have thousands of emails and may potentially limit their list to 25 per page. An account with 5000 emails limiting to 25 per page would have 200 pages. The area might look like:    

<      <<     1  2  3  4  5 ... 200  [    ]      >>      >

Each would be a clickable button, the < and > would jump to the the first and last page. The double arrows would be for the previous and next pages, and the [    ] is the box where you can type in your page number (pressing enter submits it).

5. Email Samples
    Webmail options to show the first line of the email, first 2 lines, or first 3 lines, just like Outlook, GMail, and most email clients do. This can really help end users to determine if an email is spam or legitimate!

6. A better system of managing emails when performing actions on multiple emails at once.
    If for example i select a few hundred emails from a folder and move them elsewhere, MailEnable locks up in an endless wait cycle. I have to close the tab, open it again, log back in, and i'm usually good to go, except sometimes not all of the emails were moved. This could potentially resolve itself if emails were stored in a database rather than individual text files. I believe the use of text files for everything is creating not only a slow system, but an insecure system too.

7. Branding and customization options from within the MailEnable Management console (for everything!).
    Having to create folders and place files in folders when you have a management console seems odd, it should have options to select your logos and it should place them there automatically. Then it should be enabled or disabled with a checkbox. This could even be a section where you create Branding Themes, then using a dropdown list in each postoffice (if configured to select by post office), you would select whichever configuration you created. This could be useful for those who want holiday themed branding during the holidays. It would be quick and easy to switch to the images with the Santa hat on the logo for Christmas and switch back when Christmas is over, just by simply switching which option is selecting in the branding theme drop down box and clicking apply or ok.

8. Less MailEnable branding.
    I understand MailEnable wants to market its own products, but when somebody goes to our domains to login to their email and their tab says "MailEnable Web Mail", or they go to login and see the MailEnable copyright at the bottom rather than the companies copyright, it doesn't feel very customized. I think it makes complete sense to keep things the way they are for the free version, but the paid versions deserve more customization and less MailEnable branding.

9. More branding/customization options.
    A few things fit in this category; The addition of a custom set of logon background images (adding them all to a list or picking a folder), a more standardized format within webmail for theming, and more themes that are easier to implement (i'd love to build themes myself, but its too complicated right now).

10. More and better health and security checks.
    Integrated health checks for each service, including security checks and best practice analyzers to help ensure that your webmail is running as securely as possible and as smoothly as possible. Some of these checks already exist, but they could be enhanced significantly. This would help ensure everything is running as best as possible, and could be used to troubleshoot issues and get better, more drilled down details into what is wrong and why things arent working.

11. Enhanced chat windows.
    Make them moveable with support for more features like pictures, videos, backgrounds and font settings per contact (basically mimic something like Facebook Messenger, but on the web). I also believe the windows should be upgraded to look more professional. You have to admit, those chat windows look very 1990's, they could look significantly better!

dcol

Post by dcol »

I would like to add for admins to see user passwords

rfwilliams777

Post by rfwilliams777 »

dcol wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:59 pm
I would like to add for admins to see user passwords
This would be helpful. I know there is the auth.tab file but still.
Robert Williams, Owner
#1 in MailEnable Business-Class Email Hosting - Switch to Williams Web Solutions and we will migrate your accounts to us for FREE!

dcol

Post by dcol »

Also I would like to see a way to reindex all or some mailboxes in the management console.

robertaser

Post by robertaser »

I think it is time for version 11 and it should include free Active sync (exchange like) free for all versions.

rfwilliams777

Post by rfwilliams777 »

robertaser wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:18 pm
I think it is time for version 11 and it should include free Active sync (exchange like) free for all versions.
I would not say for all versions, but enterprise yes. It is getting more problematic for me to keep customers who switch to another company all because they have access to sync everything in an exchange-like environment versus pop/imap.
Robert Williams, Owner

dcol

Post by dcol »

I would like to add my vote for Active Sync in the Enterprise version.