Mails disappearing

MailEnable's Connector for Microsoft Outlook provides a rich messaging and collaborative interface to MailEnable.
Matth

Mails disappearing

Post by Matth » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:47 am

At first I did not believe it from colleagues that said mails sent were not delivered. Just now I also had at least two cases where I sent EMails from Outlook and they simply never got delivered, but I have not received an error message or anything the like.

The first one was a reply to a new client request for information. I only realized it today when the client contacted me again asking if I have received his email. When I checked my sent mails, nothing to be found. The mail I had written as a reply is not there.

Then today I had two emails in my outbook folder and I watched how they got sent. One mail showed up in the Sent Items folder, the first one simply vanished into thin air.

I am currently not sure whether it's the Connector for Outlook or if it's a server problem, but this is simply unacceptable. And I need the Connector so that I have also the calendar integration.

I have been using Mailenable since the beginning of this millenium, but with the recent problems coming up I seriously consider dumping this.

digitron

Re: Mails disappearing

Post by digitron » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:58 am

I've had lot of such complaints with my users.
Try to log into webmail, and check if email exist there
If yes, then resync with server (and first check that Outlook didn't block open protocol add in). If that won't help, try to reinstall ME Connector. I've found that beta version is working much better than last stable release

Matth

Re: Mails disappearing

Post by Matth » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:12 am

I do have checked with webmail, but they are not there. That's what puzzles me. And if I have to check every single time the webmail whether the mail is sent or not, then there's no point in using the product.

I will try the beta. But it's not really reassuring, that the beta should be more reliable than a released version.