office 365 issue

MailEnable's Connector for Microsoft Outlook provides a rich messaging and collaborative interface to MailEnable.
Maur0V

office 365 issue

Post by Maur0V »

Hi, i've a costumer using me connector.
after updating to office 365 on ALL client exel hang on closing if connector is installed
this happen also on 3 new pc (not having any office installed before)
pc on windows 10 ( mixed 20h2 -21h1 and 21h2) office 365 64 bit fully updated
if excel is launched in safe mode, no problem on closing.
tested whith 2.75 and 2.76
any suggestions?

josh.renneberg

Re: office 365 issue

Post by josh.renneberg »

This happens for us as well.
Office 365 installation, Outlook setup with MAPI connector.
Excel hangs when trying to close.
Using latest versions of both software.

josh.renneberg

Post by josh.renneberg »

After some troubleshooting, it seems to happen when the email address is connected through the MAPI connector in Outlook. If I delete the email address out of Outlook, then Excel will open and close properly. As soon as I reconnect the email profile through the MAPI connector Excel won't close and hangs on not responding.

Also if the email address is connected through the MAPI connector and I sign out of the Office 365 activation then Excel will open and close properly but none of the Office software is activated so that doesn't work.

Anyone from MailEnable able to help with this?
Thanks

josh.renneberg

Post by josh.renneberg »

Some more troubleshooting, I added a Gmail account along with the Mailenable account. Changed the default Data File in Outlook to the Gmail account and Excel works properly, it opens and closes with no issues.
Switch the default data file in Outlook back to the Mailenable email address and it causes Excel to freeze when closing.

I don't know if this makes a difference but in the screenshot I've attached the path for the data file has a couple / in the path instead of the normal \
Would this be causing the issue to a registry path?
Attachments
mailenable.JPG
mailenable.JPG (10.04 KiB) Viewed 53842 times

jglazer

Post by jglazer »

Been having excel close issues forever. I reinstalled windows clean. Then Office. Excel worked fine. Then added a my MailEnable MAPI account and now excel won't close. Seriously, that's all I did. So it is definitely the MAPI connector.

Is anyone looking into this?

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi,

Sounds like Excel is using the mail profile but there is an issue releasing this when Excel is closed. I've got your email you sent as well so I will follow this up with you via email until we get a resolution to post.

jglazer

Post by jglazer »

Admin wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:57 am
Hi,

Sounds like Excel is using the mail profile but there is an issue releasing this when Excel is closed. I've got your email you sent as well so I will follow this up with you via email until we get a resolution to post.
Thank you. I have reports from at least 3 customers about this issue.

jglazer

Post by jglazer »

Any update to this issue? I am being asked by customers.

Skandiacloud Hosting

Post by Skandiacloud Hosting »

Question if Excel or office in general is using the account for login purposes and therefore excel cant close properly.

Does it happen to word or any other office application?

jglazer

Post by jglazer »

Skandiacloud Hosting wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:44 am
Question if Excel or office in general is using the account for login purposes and therefore excel cant close properly.

Does it happen to word or any other office application?
No, only seems to be Excel.

jglazer

Post by jglazer »

Can I get an update please?

ab4ok

Post by ab4ok »

Please update me as well. We've been having this problem for a while too. We used to be able to back down the MainEnable Connector to v2.59 and get it so Excel closed properly, but that doesn't work anymore. On the plus side, it saves the spreadsheet before it hangs so you don't lose any data.

-Thanks!

ab4ok

Post by ab4ok »

Please update me as well. We've been having this problem for a while too. We used to be able to back down the MailEnable Connector to v2.59 and get it so Excel closed properly, but that doesn't work anymore. On the plus side, it saves the spreadsheet before it hangs so you don't lose any data.

-Thanks!

ab4ok

Post by ab4ok »

@Maur0V, @ josh.renneberg, @jglazer

Okay, this isn't the ideal fix because it leaves you on a previous office version without updates, but it will stop Excel from hanging on you.
Run these lines in an elevated command prompt. The 1st one sets you on a semi-annual update channel. The 2nd one backs down the version of 365 to the newest one that I've found that still works.
WARNING: You will not have the latest security updates from office if you do this.

"C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ClickToRun\OfficeC2RClient.exe" /changesetting Channel=SemiAnnual
"C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ClickToRun\OfficeC2RClient.exe" /update user updatetoversion=16.0.14326.20738

After these finish, go into any office app, go to accounts, and turn off updates or you'll end up back where you started when it patches to the latest version.

@admin
Ian, has there been any progress on this. It would be great if someone made a post on this thread every week or 2 to let us know that you are still working on it. It's been over a month since you said anything on it.

jglazer

Post by jglazer »

Thanks @ab4ok!

Unfortunately, not only will I have customers scratching their heads over this but they will flip out turning off updates. I'd rather let them continue with the issue until a "clean" fix can be found.