Typing to use MAPI for first time - Inbox doesn't populate, Sync isn't working

MailEnable's Connector for Microsoft Outlook provides a rich messaging and collaborative interface to MailEnable.
kevvyc

Typing to use MAPI for first time - Inbox doesn't populate, Sync isn't working

Post by kevvyc »

Hi -

We're attempting to use MAPI with MailEnable Enterprise 7.60. I downloaded the latest MailEnable Connector for Outlook, installed and set up the test account. The inbox never populates.

I can send test messages, however it doesn't appear in the Sent folder on the web browser (and vice versa.)

Is there anything that needs to be configured on the server? Are there specific ports that need to be open?

We currently use IMAP and POP in house without issue, however we'd like to move a few users to MAPI to take advantage of the features that it offers.

The post office we'd like to use MAPI for isn't the default post office (I saw something under MAPI Licenses which only applies to the default post office,) however that appears to be for something else.

If it works well, we plan on on upgrading to v10.x so that we're current, otherwise we'll have to mull our options.

Thanks,

Kevin

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Typing to use MAPI for first time - Inbox doesn't populate, Sync isn't working

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Sounds like the plugin is not enabled under Outlook com-addins. Access Outlook com-addins and check that the Open Protocols plugin is enabled. If it snot ticked then the problem will be that the dll is not registered correctly. Please see: http://www.mailenable.com/kb/content/ar ... D=me020599

If the plugin is enabled then try and configure the MailEnable IMAP service to listen on alternative port that is not a default IMAP port (i.e: 144) and then configure the connector to connect to the server via port 144 for IMAP (the connector uses extended IMAP commands that the firewall/proxy may not understand and drop the connection).
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

kevvyc

Re: Typing to use MAPI for first time - Inbox doesn't populate, Sync isn't working

Post by kevvyc »

Hi Ian -

Thank you for your help. It turned out that it was a default post office issue. I found this after changing the IMAP port and trying a few other things.

Once I changed the default post office to our main one, I was able to connect via MAPI though I did need to reinstall the driver after it worked once, Outlook crashed and then it wouldn't work again even after a reboot (the connector add-in wouldn't load.)

Anyway, we're all set and are testing it out now.

Kevin

kevvyc

Post by kevvyc »

Hi -

We've been mostly successful with the two MAPI users so far. For one of the users, I've needed to reregister the DLL (c:\windows\system32\MailEnableMS32.dll) three times.

Any thoughts on why it becomes unregistered? Though not definitive, it appears to happen after her machine reboots (sometimes.)

This has not happened on the other user's (mine) machine.

Thanks,

Kevin

dcol

Post by dcol »

MAPI has been very buggy for my users. Especially for user with large mailboxes. I have one user with an 11GB mailbox and MAPI just sits there spinning. IMAP is slow, but I have no choice, at least it works for these users.