Add-in "MailEnable" (MailEnableMS32.dll) cannot be

MailEnable's Connector for Microsoft Outlook provides a rich messaging and collaborative interface to MailEnable.
srich

Add-in "MailEnable" (MailEnableMS32.dll) cannot be

Post by srich »

After installing the latest beta of the Outlook connector on XP Pro, I receive the error listed below. I cannot find any way to configure the connector. I have verified the MAPI ini file for the appropriate entries. I have also tried to register the DLL but it fails.

[u]Opening Oulook 2007[/u]

The Add-in "MailEnable" (MailEnableMS32.dll) cannot be loaded and has been disabled by Outlook. Please contact the Add-in manufacturer for an update. If no update is available, please uninstall the Add-in.

[u]Trying to open the MailEnable Message Store[/u]

The set of folders cannot be opened. An unexpected error has occured. MAPI was unable to load the information service MailEnableMS.DLL. Be sure the service is correctly installed and configured.

[u]Trying to register MailEnableMS32.dll[/u]

LoadLibrary("MailEnableMS32.dll") failed - The application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

MailEnable-Nick

Post by MailEnable-Nick »

Hi, thanks for testing it, and feeding back.

In order to analyse what is going wrong there, we would like to have a look at the logs of the Outlook connector.

Can you please create a new profile in Outlook, enable logging, and send us the logs.

1. Create a new Outlook profile, and select the "MailEnable Server".
2. In the MailEnable configuration dialog, tick the box down the bottom to enable the advanced configuration settings. You will see some extra tabs appear.
3. Go to the fourth tab, called "Troubleshooting", and tick the box to "Enable logging", and move the "Logging level" slider all the way to the right for full logging detail. (You can also change the directory the logs will be written to if you need to).
4. Click OK to create the profile, and when you get the failure, send a copy of the log file to beta@mailenable.com. With full logging detail, the log may be large, although for a short test like this, probably will not be too bad. You can zip it to email to us if it is too big.

Thanks,
Nick.

srich

No configuration window

Post by srich »

I unfortunately cannot provide the logging. When creating a new profile, I can only select MailEnable and then the wizard is done. No configuration window. It looks like a window flashes on the screen but quickly goes away. Any attempts to configure the profile render a message that I need to start Outlook and configure it from there. However, I get the same errors as in my first post.

MailEnable-Nick

ah well, that does make it trickier. In that case, we will have to do it the hard way - registry editing.

Could you please apply the following changes to your registry:

Code: Select all

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mail Enable\Mail Enable\Clients\MAPI\Logging]
"Output Root"="C:\\MAPI Logs"
"Enabled"=dword:00000001
"Scope Filter"=dword:0000000a
"Append"=dword:00000001
You can copy the above code to a new document in notepad. In notepad, if you are comfortable with editing this script, you can change the output root line to choose a different drive letter if your C drive is very small or full. Normally, you would probably want appending set to zero as well, specially with such a high logging level, but for this case, we will need appending on.

Next save the document as "Logging.reg" to somewhere convenient (like on to your desktop). You need to make sure that notepad does not add a .txt when you save it (Logging.reg.txt). If it does, just rename the file to get rid of the .txt (and confirm when Windows asks how sure you are). You may need to disable the option "Hide extensions for known file types" in the "View" tab of the "Folder Options" control panel in Windows to be sure the file has the correct extension. Eventually, your file should not have the text file icon, it should have a registry file icon, with some aqua building blocks failing in to form a cube. Now double click on the file to make the changes to your registry (again, confirm when Windows asks if you know what you are doing).

Now before starting up Outlook, there is another useful logging tool that may give us some more information: Process Monitor, downloadable from http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysi ... 96645.aspx. Download that, and launch it before you start Outlook.

Then create a new Outlook profile, and select the MailEnable Server again.

When the failure happens, save out the Process Monitor log, and zip it up together with the log directory, as configured in the registry earlier (if you copied my code without changing it, it will be C:\MAPI Logs), and email it all to us at beta@mailenable.com.

Thanks very much.

hammy7107

Same Problem

Post by hammy7107 »

Is there a solution coming for this? I am having the same problem.

Enterprise 4.0 (Clean new installation)

Client is XP Pro SP3 with Outlook 2003.

Jim Hamilton

MailEnable
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable »

Hi,

There was an update posted today at www.mailenable.com/beta.

The extension was being disabled because of a crash that would occur in non-english locales. There was also an issue with detecting the correct locale-id for office (the earlier release was using the Windows Locale ID instead - and they are often different).
Regards, Andrew

hammy7107

October 1 Outlook Connector Beta still has problems.

Post by hammy7107 »

I rolled back the previous Outlook Connector beta, deleted mailenable directories, files and registry entries.

I rebooted and installed the new Beta connector.

I now get the following error:

Cannot open your default e-mail folders. An unexpected error has occurred.
MAPI was unable to load the information service MailEnableMS.DLL. Be sure the service is correctly installed and configured.

FYI: I am now using Outlook 2007 (upgraded from 2003).

srich

Post by srich »

I found that the connector works properly with Outlook 2003 but does not display the config window in Outlook 2007. My guess is that there is some security setting that needs to be set but I have no idea what to look for.

Any ideas?

MailEnable-Nick

Is this referring to when you first create a new profile? What happens instead of the config dialog?

What operating system are you using? Is there a MailEnableMS32.dll in your system32 directory?

In our experience it works at least as well in 2007 as 2003, if anything is a little more reliable in fact.

chevymonkeyman

Re: Add-in "MailEnable" (MailEnableMS32.dll) cannot be

Post by chevymonkeyman »

We are having this same problem for an entire department! Please help! IT seems to be something with the specific build of the OS.

chevymonkeyman

Post by chevymonkeyman »

I found the issue that I was having! I had a bad installation of the Visual Studio c++ runtime. I downloaded the redistributable package from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en, reinstalled the connector and all started working!

webshaun

Post by webshaun »

chevymonkeyman wrote:I found the issue that I was having! I had a bad installation of the Visual Studio c++ runtime. I downloaded the redistributable package from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en, reinstalled the connector and all started working!
This saved me a lot of frustration today, thank you.
---
Shaun Rieman
Advanced Micro Technologies, LLC