Outlook MAPI Connector

MailEnable's Connector for Microsoft Outlook provides a rich messaging and collaborative interface to MailEnable.
m5systems

Outlook MAPI Connector

Post by m5systems »

Is the Outlook MAPI Connector available yet? If so how is configured? Just downloaded version 4 and don't see anything related to this. If it is a seperate piece of software where can i download it?

thx!

MailEnable
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable »

The MAPI connectivity requires a client component that is currently in beta. It can be downloaded from: http://www.mailenable.com/beta .

The release notes associated with the beta explain how it may be installed and configured.

The current beta is stable, but there are localization issues that we are currently working through as part of the beta. We are also working to improve the speed of the connector over slow links.
Regards, Andrew

m5systems

Post by m5systems »

thank you!

Mushrewm

MAPI

Post by Mushrewm »

Hi,

Been trying to get the MAPI working with Version 4.14 of ME but mail doesnt update and all of my folders are missing that i have under IMAP.

When i go to use my calendar it says it doesnt exist (in Outlook 2007) and then deletes the MAPI Calendar.

Is there some current issues with this ?

MailEnable
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable »

We dont have any defect or known problem of folders not showing.

The following will allow us to further diagnose:

1. Do any of the folders appear once you access the MailEnable|Refresh Folder List menu.

2. Is MailEnable the only account in the profile or are there others? (ie: are other defined in the profile?)

3. Is it a non-english version of Outlook?

Perhaps try creating a new outlook profile and connect to the same mailbox and see if the problem persists.

Thanks.
Regards, Andrew

kotschyz

MAPI connection failure

Post by kotschyz »

Hi,

I have a same issue, plus when an outlook with MAPI connector tries synchronize folders or get the post office's address list, the server's IMAP4 service stops.
I've tried with a Hungarian Outlook, in a dedicated profile.
Have you any suggestion?
Thank you in advance

tmenke

Post by tmenke »

I downloaded the MailEnable Connector for Microsoft Outlook (using Outlook 2007) and installed the MAPI profile from scratch. After the initial setup I am able to move email from one folder to another on the server and within Outlook. However, when I import old email from an archive PST file into the MAPI profile in my Outlook, then those email don't sync up to the server.

Any suggestions?

Marcusg

Using Outlook 2003

Post by Marcusg »

I've tested a method of getting old e-mail back into outlook using the MAPI connector.

Some users here use POP and we needed to know how to pull those old e-mails back into outlook after we've set up the account for MAPI.

The first step is to back up the old pst (obviously).

Next you want to go into Control Panel | Mail and delete the old profile and create a new one. Set it up using the MAPI connector as normal until you get to the screen that allows you to "Enable Advanced configuration". This will be a checkbox in the bottom of the MAPI connector configuration window. Check that then click on connections and check "Download Entire Messages".

Finish the account creation and open outlook.

Give outlook time to open and sync, if lots of stuff was previously stored on the server in some way this may take awhile. Once outlook is responsive again click on "Inbox". I'd click "MailEnable | Check Folder for New Messages" just to be sure you're synced with the server properly.

Now go to File | Import and Export | Import from program or file | Personal file folder (.pst)

Find the pst file you're restoring and under options select replace duplicates.

Now select "Inbox" and/or the folders you'd like to import ONLY. You can check "include subfolders" and you may have to repeat the import to get only those folders you want to be pulled across. You'll want to "Import those items into the same folder in: NAME HERE (mailbox@postoffice)"

Now click Finish.

If you have a lot of old mail this may take awhile, you may see status bars pop up and disappear periodically. Don't worry ... it's doing it's thing this is just going to take some time.

Eventually you'll be brought back to a responsive outlook with all of your old e-mail in it.

This has been tested on Windows XP running Outlook 2003