MAPI & Shared Calendars

MailEnable's Connector for Microsoft Outlook provides a rich messaging and collaborative interface to MailEnable.
Marconius

MAPI & Shared Calendars

Post by Marconius » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:46 pm

Is the mapi connector supposed to work with shared calendars?

I can see the shared appointments under the webmail just fine, but I couldn't see them come up in Outlook with the MAPI connector. I tried clicking on "Open Shared Calendar" in Outlook and I couldn't get it to come up there either. We would love for it to have the same functionality of side by side shared calendaring like with Outlook/Exchange.

I am using WinXP, Outlook2003, v4.14 Mailenable Enterprise, and the latest build of the MAPI connector.

Thanks,
Marcus

Marcusg

Bump

Post by Marcusg » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:20 pm

Bump from another Marcus.

I'd like to know if this works in the new MAPI outlook client as well.

MailEnable-Nick

Post by MailEnable-Nick » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:11 pm

Yes it works, but like in WebMail, you first have to connect to the shared resource. You can do this from the account configuration dialog.

1. In Outlook, open the Tools > Account Settings... menu item.
2. On the dialog that opens, in the Email tab (first tab when it opens), in the list box in the centre, open the configuration dialog for the account you want to add a calendar share for (double click).
3. On the MailEnable Message Service Configuration dialog that opens, click the checkbox down the bottom to "Enable advanced configuration".
4. On the Mailbox tab that appears, click the "Resource Connections..." button in the middle of the page.
5. The Manage Resource Connections dialog opens, which lists the resources that account has been granted access to, and you can add ticks to the resources in the list to connect to them.
6. Click OK, OK, OK and Close to confirm your changes and close all those dialog boxes.
7. You should restart Outlook after making changes to your resource connections.
8. Once Outlook has restarted, you will see a new mailbox store in the folder tree on the left for the shared account, and for the case of calendars, you can just go to the calendar page of outlook and the shared calendar resource will be available to view somehow from the left hand pane where the date picker is (the exact mechanics of how to view it varies from version to version of Outlook, but for Outlook 2007 as an example, there is a subsection on the left hand pane titled "My Calendars" that lists the calendars you have connected and available, and you can select from there to view your own or the connected resource, or you can tick them both to view them side-by-side or overlapped).

joshuafrfld701

Re: MAPI & Shared Calendars

Post by joshuafrfld701 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:52 pm

Once Outlook has restarted, you will see a new mailbox store in the folder tree on the left for the shared account, and for the case of calendars, you can just go to the calendar page of outlook and the shared calendar resource will be available to view somehow from the left hand pane where the date picker.