MAPI licensing

MailEnable's Connector for Microsoft Outlook provides a rich messaging and collaborative interface to MailEnable.
Marcusg

MAPI licensing

Post by Marcusg »

I noticed when configuring our postoffice that in version four a new tab has been added. "Licensing" and in it the only product selectable is MAPI.

I was wondering for us enterprise users if you'd require us to license a certain number of MAPI clients when it comes out of beta?

kiamori

Re: MAPI licensing

Post by kiamori »

MailEnable (MAPI) Connector for Microsoft Outlook
MailEnable Enterprise Edition will provide Outlook tightly coupled connectivity to MailEnable. The MailEnable Connector for Outlook provides message store (messages, calendar, contacts and tasks), global address book, transport, public folders and free and busy integration for Microsoft Outlook. Specifically, Outlook users will now have seamless integration between Outlook folders, messages, calendar, contacts and tasks and the MailEnable message store.

The connector receives real time updates from MailEnable, at a property level. Specifically, if a user updates the details of a contact in webmail, any connected Outlook users will see the contact details update in Outlook in real time.

The connector provides a single integrated solution for integrated messaging/scheduling/addressbook within the Outlook client, providing a comparable experience to the level of integration experienced by Microsoft Exchange End Users.

The connector also supports delegate access to other mailboxes, meaning that users can share mailboxes, folders, contacts etc to other Outlook and webmail users.

This also provides the massive benefit of allowing MailEnable to tightly integrate with applications that currently interface with the Outlook client. As specific examples, desktop phone synchronization and contact management software that integrate with Microsoft Outlook will in interact in real time with MailEnable.

The Enterprise Edition Server will provide a flexible licensing model for Outlook clients allowing administrators to purchase bulk license packs according to their user requirements.

MailEnable is excited at the prospect of bringing this functionality to the market and think that the end user experience and affordability will make it very compelling indeed.
What is the expected cost going to be per user for this feature?

MailEnable
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable »

We were intending to license the connector as a per client (Client Access License Model), however a recent decision was made to release the connector under per server licensing.

From our research, client licenses for Outlook connectivity ranged from around 5 to 50 dollars per user per annum, and this seemed to be prohibitive to our customers (particularly our hosting customers).

Based on feedback, we believe that a NON-client access license model is better suited and more appealing to our customers (whereby the additional MAPI connectivity will be provided for < 400 USD).
Obviously, to facilitate the per-server model, MailEnable can only provide per-incident managed outcome support for the server (and not for the client component itself).
Eg: If people have specific queries/integration problems relating to the connector itself then they are likely to be dealt with under a fee for service arrangement.

As far as we are aware, assuming we do go ahead with the model, this would make MailEnable the only non-CAL MAPI connector for Outlook.

Any suggestions are of course welcome.
Regards, Andrew

devenir

Post by devenir »

I have license MailEnable Enterprise.
I need 150 licenses MAPI, distributed between 8 domains of e-mails.
400 USD would be impractical. Since I paid $ $ 7xx the enterprise license.
In MS Exchange, MAPI is not free?

devenir

license MAPI

Post by devenir »

Bought license MailEnable Enterprise 4.0, just the possibility of remote storage of email, calendar, contacts and other resources.
I came across boundaries of 5 users for one company with more than 100 accounts emails and domains 8. Need licenses MAPI free or a reasonable cost.

MailEnable
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable »

You may wish to research the costs of licensing MAPI connectors/service providers further.
In your post, you mentioned MSExchange licensing. To clarify, when an Outlook client connects to Microsoft Exchange, an Exchange CAL is required.
These CALs cost something in the order of 50 dollars per user per annum (on top of the cost of the actual exchange server software itself). Other non-MS MAPI Connectors/Plugins are licensed per user also – as an example, Zimbra’s Outlook Connector is in the order of 25 dollars per user per annum.
Currently, MAPI/Outlook connector functionality is only available from vendors at a per-user cost and this severely limits its application in hosted/bulk user models. MailEnable's per server model licensing model provides a connector at a fraction of the price and under a more scalable (non-CAL) licensing model.
It is, as far as we are aware, the by far, the least expensive rich outlook integration offering in the world.
Regards, Andrew

devenir

Post by devenir »

great answer my friend, but just wanted to use the functions described on the Web site MailEnable, synchronization of e-mail, catalog, calendar and others to a reasonable cost.
I remember in version 3.6 used the free timing was very good, and now I need to purchase license.
Okay, but that is a value passed fairly.

Devenir
Brazilian - Rio de Janeiro

gmaoret

Post by gmaoret »

The sync for Outlook is free in the Enterprise edition.

The MAPI Outlok Connector it's not free, but it's a different product (with many enancements than the Outlook Sync connector...)

tman987

Post by tman987 »

OK Let me see if I'm clear. MAPI connector will be sold on a per-server basis for the Enterprise Edition.

The Enterprise edition is Unlimited Domains - Unlimited Users... Right?

Will that include unlimited MAPI connector usage per server for <400 (Is that US dollars?)

If this is true and the product is good then this is a very good deal. I have have been testing several mail servers that have Outlook plugins and the ones that include email sync all charge per user. Some have free plugins but only support Calendar, Contacts and Tasks not email. They only offer IMAP for email synching and as we all know Outlook sucks with IMAP.

For $700 and then less than $400 (I'm shure they mean $399) that is an excellent deal if you have many users 25 or more. It would be nice to see the professional version have this option with 25 or less users for a smaller business that needs Outlook/Groupware functions.

How about a discount for customers that have already purchased the Enterprise Edition in anticipation of the MAPI plugin......

Creaton

Post by Creaton »

I was told that MAPI licensing was separate but not previously enforced, however I am entitled to the MAPI licensing and it should be on it's way to me.
Last edited by Creaton on Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MailEnable
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable »

MAPI Connectivity is licensed available as a per server license through Enterprise Premium. Enterprise edition allows 5 mailbox access (so that those running Enterprise can try it out).

So,there is no cost per user as such - ie: it is not licensed under a CAL (client access license) model

A new version of the client was (released today) and it is much much faster than previous releases. Those using the earlier versions will be sure to nice the difference. It can be downloaded from download page (www.mailenable.com/download.asp)
Regards, Andrew