MAPI_E_NO_SUPPORT

MailEnable's Connector for Microsoft Outlook provides a rich messaging and collaborative interface to MailEnable.
lydig

MAPI_E_NO_SUPPORT

Post by lydig »

I must be missing something here.
I've installed (and uninstalled & reinstalled) Mailenable Enterprise Premium trial several times on a clean install of Windows 2003.
It shows a total of 5 licenses for MAPI Version 1. It also shows 0 licenses used.
I've installed the Outlook connector on both Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007....still 0 licenses used.
When I open Outlook it retrieves messages from ME, but no new messages arrive while outlook is running regardless of whether or not you push the send/receive button.
Closing Outlook and reopening it will load all new messages.

Turning on the Troubleshooting Mode and logging (set to normal) for the connector produces a file called all.log.
It fills quickly with cryptic information, but one of the things that it repeats over and over is MAPI_E_NO_SUPPORT along with MAPI_E_NOT_FOUND.

I've turned off the windows firewall on the client machine(s) and the firewall isn't running on the server.
What am I missing here?

Thanks,
Andrew

jdelanoy

Re: MAPI_E_NO_SUPPORT

Post by jdelanoy »

We are getting this issue as well. We get the [MAPI_E_NOT_FOUND] error in the log.
We run ME Premium(Fully Purchased)

Did you ever figure out what it was?

we can successfully delete messages from outlook and it syncs up to the server. It seems to be anything from the server back to the client that is causing this issue.

we are currently testing the MAPI Functionality, and like the potential it has, but may not use it if we cant get it to work correctly.

MailEnable
Site Admin

Re: MAPI_E_NO_SUPPORT

Post by MailEnable »

It may be best to raise a support ticket (under the defect category) and provide a zipped copy of the troubleshooting log (with normal logging scope specified).

Beforehand however, there are two things that would greatly assist in resolving.

1. The first thing to check is whether the MailEnable menu appears in the menu bar. This will provide an indication as to whether the outlook extension is correctly loaded.

2. If the extension is loaded, then it may be best to create a new profile to check whether the issue still occurs with the new profile.

If the issue still occurs, then we will need a copy of the log to review (which would be simplest to obtain via a support ticket).
Thanks, Andrew
Regards, Andrew