Problems with the official release

MailEnable's Connector for Microsoft Outlook provides a rich messaging and collaborative interface to MailEnable.
Marcusg

Problems with the official release

Post by Marcusg »

-Calendar appointments are still "moving times" when the appointment is set to reoccur. The import problem seemed to be fixed, but after import and a few days of use the appointments are growing legs again. The yearly appointments flat out disappear. Very sloppy and disappointing.
-Contacts.... where do I start?
Groups/Distribution lists don't sync
Half the fields don't sync correctly (notes are a good example)
You cannot change the sort options to arrange contacts by first, last name rather than last, first name. Extremely annoying and unacceptable for the majority of our users.
-Mail folders have lots of trouble with special characters ie slashes etc. The MAPI connector doesn't filter for unacceptable characters so users complain about not being able to create a new folder, when it's the folder name that is the problem. We need an error screen telling them the name they've given their folder is unacceptable.

There doesn't seem to be any extensive testing done with importing pst files. PLEASE, PLEASE find a way for us to import pst data reliably on the server. Even if you have to ignore outlook completely or use a special tool from mail enable. In order to move our users we've got to have the ability to move their data reliably onto the mail server.
As it stands, the outlook import feature doesn't import all e-mail if there are special characters in folder names, maybe other reasons I don't know I couldn't import an entire folder structure though. It seems to import calendar events properly but as time goes on they get screwed up. Contacts are completely borked and almost unusable.

I haven't even tested delegation and sharing. I don't see how it would be useful as I'm not prepared to move anyone other than the current Guinea pig over to MAPI.

At this point we've $399 to upgrade. It looks like we've paid for good faith that you'll fix these issues rather than a finished product.

I can't imagine how any one of these aren't deal breakers for other potential customers. At least in the US. What good is a full sync when the calendar and contacts don't sync correctly. Ever?

I hope we can sort this stuff out, in the past Mail Enable has a solid track record with us. I don't want to switch to exchange because some ants-in-the-pants executives can't share calendars with their secretaries.

Now, what, if anything can I do to grease the rails a bit and get some of these issues taken care of downstream?

MailEnable
Site Admin

Re: Problems with the official release

Post by MailEnable »

Hi Marcus,

Thanks again for the feedback. I have raised all of these issues in the product register and they are being reviewed/progressed.

There has been some significant progress on some of the issues you mention, but ther are others that we are unable to reproduce.
I will reply to each under their respective headings.

Calendar appointments
----------------------
We are unable to reproduce the issues you mention with the current build. There have been some significant mapi client changes made (and there have been 2 client releases - 1.0 and 1.1, with the 1.1 release addressissues like those you mention. (Perhaps the issue was more broken in the initial release than the update on the 7th). Furthermore, the 1.20b release will be released once all the issues mentioned in this thread are addressed. This can be downloaded form www.mailenable.com/beta/mesetup120b.exe
We did test with the 1.20b build, and were not able to reproduce problems you mentioned (which either means they are fixed in this build - or we are unable to reproduce).

Contacts
--------
Issues of missing contact fields are fixed in the 1.20b beta release mentioned above.

Distribution Lists: These should sync, however notifications to the client of changes made in webmail are not likely to appear until the client is restarted. (This is something we are looking into.

Cannot change the sort options: This cannot be reproduced. The sorting was changed in our test by right clicking on the card list and changing the sort critera. Perhaps you may provide more insight to the problem so we may reproduce/fix.

Mail folders have lots of trouble with special characters: This is either fixed in the mentioned download - or being fixed.

Importing
---------
We have tested importing, and it does seem that Contacts are now behaving. The issue is being looked at, however if you are aware of any specific folders that may break, it would be great to know their names so we can validate.

Thanks again.
Regards, Andrew

blaze22

Re: Problems with the official release

Post by blaze22 »

I think you have the problem with Outlook pst file. the file may be corrupted which is not responding well. You must repair the file with Stellar Outlook pst repair tool to fix the error. If you don't repair the pst file then you may have some serious problem such loss of all your emails, contacts, calendars etc.
http://www.stellarphoenixoutlookpstrepair.net