Email not Synching with Outlook

MailEnable's Connector for Microsoft Outlook provides a rich messaging and collaborative interface to MailEnable.
sagelike

Email not Synching with Outlook

Post by sagelike »

One more to add to the list.

I noticed that Email is not synching. I could see new email in webmail and waited an hour but the new email never downloaded to Outlook.

I used the Reset Folder feature which did synch the email from the server but it also redated all email.

thx and hopefully some information on some of the issues posted here are forthcoming soon.

Glenn

sagelike

Re: Email not Synching with Outlook

Post by sagelike »

Bump?

MailEnable
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable »

There is an additional update to which we are still testing prior to release.
It can be downloaded from www.mailenable.com/beta/MESetup120c.EXE
I think you have a ticket open, I will check the status from our end as well.
Regards, Andrew

sagelike

Post by sagelike »

Hi Andrew

It doesn't seem to work.

I've installed and restarted the computer but email/calendar still does not sync unless I reset.

sagelike

Post by sagelike »

I was doing a little more testing and there's still some quirky behaviour going on.

Email wasn't syncing so I used the reset folder option to test some shared calendar functions. Prior to that I removed Orphaned cached items and cleared delegates. It took a bunch of emails randomly (about 25% of the email in the store) and redated them to Jan. 12, 11:15 except two test email I sent this morning which retained their correct time so now they've been sorted to the bottom of the list. Strange. It must be related to some earlier testing and those emails had bad headers.

What are Orphaned cached items and delegates?

Further Observations: I just clicked on each of the emails I mentioned above and it looks each reset the time stamp again as I clicked on each one. Strange.

I know you guys are doing your best to keep up with all the bugs reports. This is a new product after all.

thx
Glenn

MailEnable-Nick

Post by MailEnable-Nick »

Hi,

I understand from a colleague that there was a problem with a missing DLL from our install kit on your server. There have also been some significant changes on the client recently to attempt to correct some of these issues. So with all these changes, could you please check again with the latest release (1.2 is now released, available from the downloads section of the website) and confirm that the problem still exists for you. If it does, we will have a closer look at the content of some of these messages.

Thanks, Nick.