Problems with MAPI connector (failure)

MailEnable's Connector for Microsoft Outlook provides a rich messaging and collaborative interface to MailEnable.
Fjeppe

Problems with MAPI connector (failure)

Post by Fjeppe »

Hello Board

I just upgraded to the newest version of Mail Enable, for that reason that the connector issues had been solved from my old version, but now im just have client problems instead.

Im about to give up, i have tryed running Outlook in Administrator mode and etc.

I keep on getting the error message "failure setting options in registry: (5) access denied", even if i try to do this from an administrator account, some clients works even if they get this message, but the most of them dont, the mails dont seem to get down.

So im a bit disappointed in this new solution that should have been Plug'n'Play

Am i the only one?

MailEnable
Site Admin

Re: Problems with MAPI connector (failure)

Post by MailEnable »

Are you installing on Windows 7?
The problem may be because MailEnable's installer is attempting to write into an area of the registry that is locked down by Windows 7.
We are currently looking into this and changing the installer.
Regards, Andrew

Fjeppe

Post by Fjeppe »

Hello and thanks for the answer.

I works greate on my Windows 7, i still get the error but i works, but also my account here has local administrator rights.

The problems has been on Vista and XP Pro...

NickInOz

Post by NickInOz »

Same problem here.
Installed on XP Pro with admin privileges, then went to set up users account (user does not have admin privileges), message as above when clicking OK to commit users settings for account.
Mail so far seems to be working.

Upon re-entering the settings utility the "Update folders at startup......." tickbox on advanced settings had un-ticked.

stinson317

Post by stinson317 »

Same problem here on Vista as administrator. Installed. but can't change outlook account settings (e.g. to set trouble shooting on).

Fjeppe

Post by Fjeppe »

Seems that the connector tries to make a registry entry that requires admin rights, just as in windows 7, so i can only hope that when MailEnable solves the Windows 7 issue, that also will solve the same XP Pro issue.

Is there any date for release of the next version of MAPI connector..?

grnst

Post by grnst »

Any idea when this will be fixt? We bought a new license to use the MAPI, but my company is only working on Windows7…

Fjeppe

Post by Fjeppe »

Well my patience i beginning to run up...!

The calDav only works half the time, and my clients a calling daily now to complain, WHEN CAN WE EXPECT A FIX FOR THESE ISSUES!!

Im only few complaints away from selecting another mail server system and get my money back.!!!

Fjeppe

Post by Fjeppe »

Think that we are on ignore mode from MailEnable Team

grnst

Post by grnst »

Hopefully not... :(

MailEnable-Ben

Post by MailEnable-Ben »

There will be a new MAPI connector in the next few days. It will have changes that are currently being tested under all client operating systems. Obviously there are a lot of different security implications between the different versions especially in the more recent. In most cases you should be able to install the client and it will work, which appears to be the case in this thread and in our other support channels. In other smaller group scenarios there will be permission problems when installing. I would say that you should at the very least install the application as with all applications while using Windows 7 as an admin this does not simply mean login as an admin, this means executing the installer as an administrator.

Here is some more on this:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/11 ... rator.html

The new installer has changed the location of our installation of the registry location from a global to a more localised user location. So far our testing here is showing that we have overcome the Windows 7 installer issues with the new kit we are just checking a few other things such as XP before we release a Beta of the client.
Regards,

Product Services
MailEnable Pty Ltd

To keep track of all ME company updates and version releases you should subscribe to the MailEnable list at http://www.mailenable.com or the RSS feed http://www.mailenable.com/rss.

grnst

Post by grnst »

Thats good news! :) thx.

grnst

Post by grnst »

Is Outlook 2010 also included in the new version?

grnst

Post by grnst »

When does this new version available?

grnst

Post by grnst »

Today I did a install with the new istaller. When adding a new "other -> Mailenable Server" account I get this error: "This information service is not instaled on your comuter".
I tried installing the conector under "install as adminsitator" but nothing helps. Pleae advise what to do. :)