Cannot accept calendar events

MailEnable's Connector for Microsoft Outlook provides a rich messaging and collaborative interface to MailEnable.
Marcusg

Cannot accept calendar events

Post by Marcusg »

Everytime we get calendar invites if we try to accept we get:

"Can't open Calendar folder for user xxxxx"

What can we do?

Marcusg

Re: Cannot accept calendar events

Post by Marcusg »

I'd also like to point out that checking the public folders option in 1.22+ at a fresh install causes outlook to crash and all kinds of horrible errors happen after it's checked.

That option is the reason we want to move to MAPI, so hopefully it can be fixed.

Marcusg

Post by Marcusg »

*bump*

Is this a non issue?

I was wondering if anyone else had problems with this or if it's just us.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Please install the following updated client and see if your problems persist:

http://www.mailenable.com/beta/mesetup124.exe
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

Marcusg

Post by Marcusg »

MAPI will accept invites now... But it won't sync from the server.

I have logs of this event if you need them.

The work around was to make a backup copy of the calendar data BEFORE installing 1.24. Then to wipe the data from the server when running the 1.24 install on a fresh outlook profile. This would allow it to open properly without crashing outlook (since there was no calendar data on the server to sync). Then I imported the calendar data back into outlook which filled the client cache and seemed to put all of the appointments onto the server correctly. BUT, if you create a new appointment in webmail and sync back... You get utter garbage. The same garbage that's in EVERY appointment after you install 1.24 and try to pull anything from the server. So this is a one way sync problem MAPI -> Server is ok, but Server -> MAPI is borked.

After this workaround was used I don't seem to have any other problems from the MAPI side. The Contacts worked perfectly, MAPI accepts outlook calendar invites, and sharing seems to work, though I haven't started testing it very throughly and I suspect it will have trouble pulling other people's appointments off of the server.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

We are aware of the issue when creating an appointment in webmail and syncing back to the MAPI client. This is currently being looked at and will be rectified in the next update.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

Marcusg

Post by Marcusg »

Excellent. Any timeframe?

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

No not yet sorry.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

Marcusg

Post by Marcusg »

What's the status on this?

chevymonkeyman

Post by chevymonkeyman »

I am having the same issue using Outlook 2010 and the 1.34 version of the MAPI connector. After some poking around I have noticed that if I open the message, close outlook, then reopen the message it works properly. Seems to me like there is a permissions issue or something can't update unless outlook restarts. Any ideas?

blakedrayson

Post by blakedrayson »

I am having a very similar issue, whenever a user receives a calendar invite they are unable to accept the appointment. They get the "Cannot open Calendar folder for user xxxxx" and have to restart Outlook before they can accept it.

Additionally if they accept a meeting invite after doing this, the appointment (and any subsequent updates, i.e new time proposals, cancellations etc) gets added to the calender fine but the sending user does not get a mail back saying that the appointment was accepted.

These two issues are hugely frustrating and they are the only thing holding us back from migrating away from Exchange to Mail Enable.

My current set-up is the latest trial version of Mail Enable enterprise and the MAPI client version 1.36

Any help with this or updates would be gratefully received.

chevymonkeyman

Post by chevymonkeyman »

This is getting frustrating. Do you know what causes this? I am having a lot of people complain about this issue. Perhaps it is tied with the calendar scheduling not functioning. We can not see what other users schedule is when trying to schedule meetings. I would be happy to troubleshoot this issue anytime. Please respond. Do you want MAPI logs?

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

For anyone experiencing the problems with accepting meeting request and failing please download the latest MAPI client from our downloads page v1.39 and report back if problems persist.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

jmalagese

Post by jmalagese »

I am on the latest version of everything and am having this problem. Any thoughts?