New todo list

MailEnable's Connector for Microsoft Outlook provides a rich messaging and collaborative interface to MailEnable.
Marcusg

New todo list

Post by Marcusg »

The biggest thing is that Server -> MAPI calendar sync is very very messed up. It completely ruins your calendar.

Next on the list is deleting sub-folders in outlook. Apparently the folder 'deletes' because it doesn't show up in webmail, however this change is not reflected in outlook. Worse still a refresh and/or restarting outlook does not get rid of the deleted folder.

Finally, the MAPI connector seems to crash. Alot. I haven't even gotten started troubleshooting this as there were so many other more important bugs to pick on but now it's getting to where the really tough stuff needs some focus. I'll be happy to get logs but at this point we just want calendaring to work before we proceed any further.

I still find it a little off-putting that we're over four months past public release and so many really wacky bugs have stuck around. I'm a programmer and understand how it can be, but still. You don't unveil a new ferrari to buy only to have the wheels fall off intermittently and the steering only turn right straight out of the lot. I'm glad this stuff is getting fixed but while it's around it's not helping your image. After all that is why we're avoiding exchange.

Anyhow I hope these things can get some resolution. I plan to pay for a support token later this week to put some money where my mouth is. We need this stuff fixed.