Shared Calendar Permissions Hangs

MailEnable's Connector for Microsoft Outlook provides a rich messaging and collaborative interface to MailEnable.
PeteBailey

Shared Calendar Permissions Hangs

Post by PeteBailey »

Hi,

I'm running a trial of the MAPI functionality on Enterise 4.26 with a view to upgrading to Premium if it works OK.

I am having a problem when trying to change access rights to my shared calendar through Outlook 2010 (running 32 MAPI connector on Win XP Pro)

The scenario goes like this:
I try to add or remove permissions to a given user or type. The permissions window hangs for about a minute.
If I try to close the window, Outlook crashes and restarts
If I leave it, eventually, it recovers and the requested operation appears to be successful.

I did an ethereal capture while this was going on and I saw something that looked a little suspect.
The client machine (running outlook) issue something along the lines of:
"REQUEST: 2MEz X-TABLE-DELROW X-RESOURCE (Calendar) X-USER ({$ANONYMOUS})"

The server repsonds immediately but the the response is preceeded by \r\n i.e
"RESPONSE: \r\n 2MEz OK Completed..."

Is the 'CR/NL' causing the MAPI connector on Outlook a problem as it appears to be timing out rather than completing the requested action, or do I have a different problem?

Regards,
Pete

MailEnable
Site Admin

Re: Shared Calendar Permissions Hangs

Post by MailEnable »

Hi Pete,
I tried to reproduce this problem but was unable to do so. It may be best to log a support ticket (use the defect or evaluation category since they are no cost options) so that the issue can be reviewed. This can be done via https://www.mailenablecorp.com/support/step1.asp

It would be interesting to see if the problem occurs on all mailboxes - or indeed if one of our engineers could connect to a mailbox and reproduce the problem.
Regards, Andrew