[UPDATE] Outlook connector not downloading new emails

MailEnable's Connector for Microsoft Outlook provides a rich messaging and collaborative interface to MailEnable.
MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: [UPDATE] Outlook connector not downloading new emails

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,
Has this issue been resolved? I am having the same issue, I have upgraded to Enterprise 5.51 and Outlook Connector 1.39 and I am not getting anything at all; no emails, no calendar, no error messages.
Have you tried executing the option "Reset folder from server" within the MailEnable toolbar to see if this updates the message list?
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

gregorio

Post by gregorio »

Hi,

Thank you Ian.

I've been working with support for many weeks (by sending them MAPI client and server logs).

And, they now see the problem. It has something to do with the commands being sent between server and client.

Hopefully we'll see an update that fixes this.

And, to tbarnes: You should be seeing some emails come in. This problem is a sporadic issue involving only some new incoming emails.

Greg

gregorio

Post by gregorio »

Hi,

This is an update that the latest MAPI Connector 1.40 and ME Enterprise Premium 6.01 still have not fixed this issue.

I will contiune to work with the support team on this.

More updates soon.

Greg

aram

Post by aram »

Make sure the COM ADD-in for MailEnable is loaded in Outlook (checked).
I've found it can get disabled if Outlook crashes (and the user chooses Safe Mode/don't load Add-in on next Outlook startup), and even if you check it it will unload again...
in which case you have to remove it (note the path to the MailEnableMS32.dll file first)
and then add it back in at which point it will hold.
If that MailEnable COM ADD-in is disabled/unchecked mail flow does not happen.

Dan

serlogo

Post by serlogo »

in client 1.61 version. it's showing just incoming folder mails.
if you have child folder of incoming folder it's not refreshing.
when you press send/receive noting happen.
if you go child folder automatic it's refreshing..

realy bug...

thanks.

MStocks

Post by MStocks »

We have just switched to MailEnable.

All of the users are using the new MAPI connector 1.62 and some of them are experiencing this issue. Some emails will remain on the server, and can only be fetched by using "Reset folder from Server".

Sometimes the emails come through after a time, but it is not possible sometimes to wait up to a day for the MAPI connector to fetch new emails from the server.

Is there a work around to this? Or are we waiting for a patched version of the MAPI connector?

Mike

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,
Has this issue been resolved? I am having the same issue, I have upgraded to Enterprise 5.51 and Outlook Connector 1.39 and I am not getting anything at all; no emails, no calendar, no error messages.
I suggest you upgrade the server to 5.61 located here: http://www.mailenable.com/downloadprevious.asp and MAPI connector 1.62 located here http://www.mailenable.com/download.asp and reassess.
We have just switched to MailEnable.

All of the users are using the new MAPI connector 1.62 and some of them are experiencing this issue. Some emails will remain on the server, and can only be fetched by using "Reset folder from Server".

Sometimes the emails come through after a time, but it is not possible sometimes to wait up to a day for the MAPI connector to fetch new emails from the server.

Is there a work around to this? Or are we waiting for a patched version of the MAPI connector?
Disable any Outlook AV plugins you have running in Outlook and try again. What version of the MailEnable server do you have installed?

The only way to determine if the server is notifying the client of the new message arrivals is to enable the MAPI connector logging (set the logging to "Full Detail", more information here: http://www.mailenable.com/kb/viewarticl ... 020589.htm), along with the IMAP debug logs set to a higher level of debug logging so that the notifications to the clients are logged. More information here: http://www.mailenable.com/kb/viewarticl ... 020585.htm

Once you have the logs enabled and you see the issue reoccur, the next step is to login to web mail interface for the mailbox and right click on the message and select "Download Source". Once you have the message ID (.mai) open up the MAPI connector log files and search for the ID. If nothing is found in the MAPI connector logs then the next step is to inspect the server IMAP debug log file and search for the message ID. Post up what you find.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

MStocks

Post by MStocks »

Hello Ian,

We have not encountered the issue since i posted that message. I will keep my eye out for it and try to see if we can replicate it with some logging. Thanks

andrewm

Post by andrewm »

I'm experiencing the same issue on only one account so far. When adding the MAPI account in outlook, it will work for several hours then stop working. Reset Message List will pull the missing emails, but it will still not automatically pull new emails. Webmail and Phone's email both work fine. Removing and re-adding the account will work for several more hours before ultimately failing again.

Versions:
Outlook 2010 32-bit SP2
Mailenable MAPI Connector 32-bit v2.21 (last two versions also experienced the issue)
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
MailEnable Server v8.55

Attempts to resolve, with no results:
*Refresh Folders
*Reset Message List
*Re-indexed the messages
*Re-add account

Photorer

Post by Photorer »

I have a similar problem that has cropped up.... on one of three new accounts.

A new post office and domain were registered for a new client, and three mailboxes were installed. The three accounts were set up on two different computers, and they all worked fine- for a few weeks. Then new emails stopped arriving on the one machine, whilst it is still able to send emails. webmail and phone connections work perfectly.

Setting up the account on another client machine results in the system working fine, so it appears to be some kind of corruption in the MAPI Connector or its connection with Outlook. Mapi Connector and Office 2013 uninstalled and re-installed with the same result.... client is now getting really irritated!

Please assist someone................

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,
I have a similar problem that has cropped up.... on one of three new accounts.

A new post office and domain were registered for a new client, and three mailboxes were installed. The three accounts were set up on two different computers, and they all worked fine- for a few weeks. Then new emails stopped arriving on the one machine, whilst it is still able to send emails. webmail and phone connections work perfectly.

Setting up the account on another client machine results in the system working fine, so it appears to be some kind of corruption in the MAPI Connector or its connection with Outlook. Mapi Connector and Office 2013 uninstalled and re-installed with the same result.... client is now getting really irritated!

Please assist someone................
If you create a new mail profile for the account does the same problem occur? Are you running the latest version of MailEnable server and MAPI connector located on our downloads page?
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

ucast

Post by ucast »

Hi,

Is there any progress on this issue?
I can provide log files / screenshots / specs to reproduce the same outcome.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Your best lodging a support ticket for a managed response.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support