Managing shared resources for groups

MailEnable's Connector for Microsoft Outlook provides a rich messaging and collaborative interface to MailEnable.
sitesmithscott

Managing shared resources for groups

Post by sitesmithscott »

We've been rolling out the MAPI connector to our office and I ran into an interesting issue and I'm not sure if it is a bug or just a non-supported function.

Specifically it has to do with sharing resources to groups, not just individual users. I'd like to be able to set read permissions for one group of users, full to another but not have it so that everyone can see that resource. I've adjusted the permissions through the webmail interface for shared resources and while it lets me put in the account for a group and set permission to it if I log in as a member of that group it doesn't give me the option of connecting to it. Individuals work fine as does the everyone setting but I'd like to be able to do it based on groups. Am I missing something in group setups or do I need to do it a different way (other than adding each individual account) or is it just not currently a supported function?

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Managing shared resources for groups

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Sharing Groups is not supported at this stage.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support