ME 5.10 and Client 1.36 connection issues

MailEnable's Connector for Microsoft Outlook provides a rich messaging and collaborative interface to MailEnable.
mwhatley

ME 5.10 and Client 1.36 connection issues

Post by mwhatley »

We upgraded our ME to 5.10 Ent (from 4.26 Ent)and are trying to get the MAPI working right. ME is running on a Dell PE840 with a Xeon quad core 2.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 1tb RAID1, 2008 R2 Ent 64 bit with a full 1.5 T1 for internet connectivity and an Untangle firewall with all the right ports setup and forwarded. We are looking at this as a possible hosted Exchange killer for some of our clients. We are testing with the 5 client license we get with Ent and are getting time out errors constantly on all machines (XP Pro or Win 7 Pro) running the 1.36 client and Outlook (either 2007 or 2010) both in the office and outside (home, client, wherever). We are seeing errors when we click on an email or different folder that Outlook cannot connect to Exchange try again when it is online, server not responsive error try again. There are large lags when we open folders to look at previously received email. We are also seeing MAJOR issues when we try to move email from our personal folders to the MAPI. It will cause us to have to reboot the server.
Here are my questions:
1. Is there something we can do about the time outs?
2. Does this not use something like an ost for offline use?
3. Is this designed to be used in a hosted type of environment or is it not ready for that right now and is only to be used locally?
4. What is the best way to move folders from pst to MAPI (move, import, ???)?

We are really needing some answers as our buying decision to upgrade to Premium is totally based on whether we can host the MAPI for our clients

rheel

Re: ME 5.10 and Client 1.36 connection issues

Post by rheel »

Whilst we are not suffering all the errors you mention we are getting big delays.
The biggest issue/delay is when opening outlook and going to inbox and or navigating to the sent items (or another folder with many messages) the update dialogue box comes up and you cannot do anything until it has finished re indexing and removing orphaned files.
Whilst this is a necesaary function can it not be set as a background process so the user can continie using outlook ?
Most users have over 1000 emails in sent items folders and this process takes for ever.

Thanks

mwhatley

Post by mwhatley »

Just updated to 1.37 version of client and disconnect messages are not coming back but it still takes forever to maneuver in the system. It would be very nice if we could get a full download option so we can see our email while offline (like the Exchange ost file setup). A number of times I need to be able to refer to an email in a situation that I have no internet connection. I have clients in that same boat. We are hoping for some fixes SOON. The speed and offline issues will make or break our upgrade to Premium.

gregorio

Post by gregorio »

I'm in agreement with mwhatley and rheel. And echoed these same remarks in a previous post here.

If the updating of Outlook messages can be placed onto a different thread (in the background) that'd be great. As Outlook can be completely frozen for lengths of time.

Thanks,

Greg

mwhatley

Post by mwhatley »

It is not only Outlook that is frozen, the whole PC is locked until the download is done. Would be nice to see someone from MailEnable respond to this problem. I am holding off buying Premium until we can see if there is some hope to fix this. I have a LARGE potential customer who wants off the hosted Exchange but needs some of the functionality especially with company/workgroup calendars.

blakedrayson

Post by blakedrayson »

mwhatley wrote:Just updated to 1.37 version of client and disconnect messages are not coming back but it still takes forever to maneuver in the system. It would be very nice if we could get a full download option so we can see our email while offline (like the Exchange ost file setup). A number of times I need to be able to refer to an email in a situation that I have no internet connection. I have clients in that same boat. We are hoping for some fixes SOON. The speed and offline issues will make or break our upgrade to Premium.
Where were you able to obtain version 1.37 of the client, I can only see version 1.36 on the website for download.