Calendar event created through iphone does not appear

MailEnable's Connector for Microsoft Outlook provides a rich messaging and collaborative interface to MailEnable.
franjoce

Calendar event created through iphone does not appear

Post by franjoce »

Hi everyone,

I'm currently using Enterprise Premium v4.26. I'm using POP/SMTP as my primary mode to download and send emails. But when it comes to calendar I am using MAPI connector v 1.36.

I have manage to be able to create an event calendar through iphone and it does shows up in Webmail. But when i open up my outlook through MAPI, it does not show up. Any idea?

Cheers,
Francis

rheel

Re: Calendar event created through iphone does not appear

Post by rheel »

Hi Francis,
I would first upgrade to version 5.11, I have been working with MailEnable over the last couple of weeks and there have been significant improvements in this area through the last few versions.

Jim

franjoce

Post by franjoce »

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the info. I don't think my management will give me the approval to upgrade to 5.11 as we upgraded from 3.63 to 4.26 hoping to leverage on MAPI through sharing of mailbox and calendar.

So the latest thing that happened was the event did show up at my outlook after sometime which I did not monitor for days. Today I did another test by keying in another event through iPhone on a shared calendar. This shared calendar is shared between all my other colleagues and we monitoring this calendar through our outlook but again it appear on webmail but not on my outlook.

So i did a "reset folders from server" and I did a reboot on my laptop and still nothing shows up on my outlook but it's there on the webmail.

I'm puzzled. Anyone can help?

Regards,
Francis

MailEnable-Ben

Post by MailEnable-Ben »

Have you put a tick in the MAPI calendar to enable it for viewing? Because you are using POP/SMTP your default store will not be MailEnable I am not sure if this is actually causing the problem (maybe). What happens if you create a new profile in Outlook and only have MAPI does the appointment show up when the calendar loads?
Regards,

Product Services
MailEnable Pty Ltd

To keep track of all ME company updates and version releases you should subscribe to the MailEnable list at http://www.mailenable.com or the RSS feed http://www.mailenable.com/rss.

franjoce

Post by franjoce »

Hi Ben,

Yes I have put a tick on the MAPI calendar and I can see all the events updated on the calendar in my outlook.

I have no problems creating events using outlook through MAPI and it does shows up in the shared calendar.

The funny thing was when we created an event through iphone using caldav, it does not show up in our outlook calendar. This calendar is a shared calendar and have been given full access for everyone. Does creating another profile helps? If yes, i'll try it.

Regards,
Francis