Contact Fields & Smartphone Syncing

MailEnable's Connector for Microsoft Outlook provides a rich messaging and collaborative interface to MailEnable.
jbadry

Contact Fields & Smartphone Syncing

Post by jbadry »

We have had MailEnable Professional for a few years and just upgraded to Enterprise Premium this week. I'm doing a first test of the Outlook connectivity, and I must say the new webmail and overall functionality is quite nice. Previously we were using IMAP, and locally stored contacts/calendars in Outlook.

As a first test, I copied some of my contacts into my MailEnable account in Outlook and they did sync immediately. The problem is the limited # of contact fields that MailEnable has.

Q1. Is there any way to have multiple email addresses as Outlook does?

Q2. How about home addresses?

Q3. Job Title did not copy from Outlook to MailEnable. Any way to get this to work?

Q4. Is there documentation or a high level description available on how to connect/sync smartphones (iphone/android/blackberry)? Is SyncML the only way to do this or is there any way to setup an Exchange-like connection as I do between my phone and google apps for personal stuff?

ahm31

Re: Contact Fields & Smartphone Syncing

Post by ahm31 »

I have the same issue with multiple email addresses. I noticed that for a contact copied from outlook that has 2 addresses (home and work), the vcard file saved on the server does have the two addresses. Unfortunately, this is not the case with multiple emails, only one email is saved in the vcard file.