Coordinated Universal Time Zone

MailEnable's Connector for Microsoft Outlook provides a rich messaging and collaborative interface to MailEnable.
JoyceB

Coordinated Universal Time Zone

Post by JoyceB »

We are having problems with calendar items showing up in Coordinated Universal Time instead of Pacific Time (our time zone). We found this to happen when we switched over to Mail Enable and it put items in the calendar on this time zone. We also have a shared calendar and anything on it that was checked for an all day event was in the Coordinated Universal Time zone. Anything added for an all day event comes through this way. If we put a start time and end time for it, it goes down as Pacific time. One of us can put things on the shared calendar in pacific time and it will show up in coordinated universal time on another persons calendar. Is there a solution for this?

MailEnable
Site Admin

Re: Coordinated Universal Time Zone

Post by MailEnable »

What version of MailEnable is being used? (ie: 6.0, 5.5)?
Are the appointments created and viewed using Outlook with the MAPI Connector?
Regards, Andrew

bjelinek

Post by bjelinek »

we are using 5.5, would you suggest upgrading to 6? Her issue is with MAPI and outlook 2007

Brandon Jelinek
Director of Technical Ministries

MailEnable
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable »

If you have not already done so, then I would suggest upgrading to the lastest mapi client.

Then I think that it may be simplest/most effective to raise a support ticket via www.mailenable.com/support (Use the defect category since that will be free).

That way an engineed can potentially review the contents of the calendar and identify any issues. They should also be able to say whether v6 upgrade is necessary to address any issue (although I suspect it will be unlikely).
Regards, Andrew

Monov

Post by Monov »

Has this been fixed? We hare having a similar issue with enterprise premium 6.02. Events are entered in the calendar in mailenable under pacific time, but when we view the appointment in outlook it has switched to Coordinated Universal Time Zone.

lweidig

Post by lweidig »

This is still an issue in 9.5 and we had opened a ticket long ago and got the standard "we cannot duplicate this" answer. It is VERY annoying and seems to be related for us to creating a calendar item with Outlook (currently using 2016) and the MAPI connector. ALL of my Android devices and other users looking at a shared calendar see my appointments at GMT, though they display fine within my Outlook calendar.

Most annoying!

lweidig

Post by lweidig »

Just to provide some sort of update, we have discovered that the latest MAPI corrector works properly and from what we were told this was fixed in version 2.55. However for us it was necessary to then delete the profile completely in Outlook and create a new one to get things working properly. This allowed all future calendar items to show up as expected.

HOWEVER, the calendar items it brought back in are still incorrect and have the error for many of them. We discovered that the .cal files had timezones shown as --600 instead of -0600 as it needs to be. These seem to have been automatically fixed by the new MAPI connected. There are a number of our calendar items that are stored in an _index.xml file (not sure how the software decides who gets a .cal file and who is injected into this file), but ALL of the calendar items in that file are incorrect.

All of this was discovered through a support ticket we opened to get to the bottom of this. The official MailEnable response is:

"The developers have indicated that there is no fix for corrupt calendar events. One way to fix them might be to edit the times for each one to see if it rewrites the event correctly."

Basically as I see it, too bad live with it. At least there are steps above that hopefully will fix it going forward for people until a new version introduces some new bug.