Outlook connector and active sync

MailEnable's Connector for Microsoft Outlook provides a rich messaging and collaborative interface to MailEnable.
Ehenzel1978

Outlook connector and active sync

Post by Ehenzel1978 »

I am new to MailEnable and I am wondering if the Exchange active sync precludes the need for the outlook connector? Or can you use both on the same install? I have mailEnable enterprise edition, the new one, and I have been able to get active sync working, but I can't get my Outlook 2007 to recognize it as an Exchange server. So do I have to use Outlook connector as well?
Eric Henzel
IT Department
Leather Italia USA

sgirard

Re: Outlook connector and active sync

Post by sgirard »

Active Sync allows smart phones to view and manage server resources.

The Outlook connector allows Outlook to view and manage server resources.

Without either, you could use IMAP, which would keep mail on the server, but not contacts and calendars.

Depending on your environment, you could need both.

MailEnable
Site Admin

Re: Outlook connector and active sync

Post by MailEnable »

Further to this, ActiveSync support is available within Outlook 2013 - but at this stage its limited to use with Hotmail/Outlook.com (it wont even talk to exchange - but that was done deliberately). The preview of Outlook 2013 did work with MailEnable's EAS Server, but this changed with the RTM.

As sgirard says, until its available for Outlook, the best solution for desktop collabortation with MailEnable is the Connector.
Regards, Andrew