The attachment size exceeds allowable limit.

MailEnable's Connector for Microsoft Outlook provides a rich messaging and collaborative interface to MailEnable.
sagelike

The attachment size exceeds allowable limit.

Post by sagelike »

Hi there

I'm getting this error when trying to attach a 24 MB file to an email: The attachment size exceeds allowable limit.

I'm using Outlook 2007 with MAPI connect and the SMTP component is set to allow for attachments up to 25MB.

I can attach that size using webmail but not Outlook with MAPI connector.

How can I fix this?

thx
Glenn

sagelike

Re: The attachment size exceeds allowable limit.

Post by sagelike »

Hmmmm...the file I uploaded was 22MB but web mail shows it as 31,000 KB. There's a size mismatch.

This is a virtualized esxi guest. I wonder if it's reading file size differently?

aahq

Post by aahq »

I know what this is!

This is an outlook issue, not ME. Outlook is set to a 20mb limit there is a registry setting to fix it. Do a search at microsoft.com and there are details where this exactly is.

Scott

sagelike

Post by sagelike »

That did it. Thanks for the Scott!

In my case, I had to use 0 which is no limit. Using 25600 for a 25M limit didn't work for some reason.

Photorer

@sagelike.....

Post by Photorer »

I have had the same problem, but with smaller mails (<20Mb)

The SMTP Connector properties have been set to accept 25Mb mails, and NOT to enforce the rule. I have not amended anything in Outlook!

Have you set the SMTP Advanced Settings mailsize limit to 0? or was this a change made to Outlook?

I am happy that the problem is not solely related to my installation!