Outlook 2010 rules does not work with the MAPI connector

MailEnable's Connector for Microsoft Outlook provides a rich messaging and collaborative interface to MailEnable.
ROM1

Outlook 2010 rules does not work with the MAPI connector

Post by ROM1 »

Hello,
we recently upgraded our server to the version 7.09 enterprise version.

We started to test the MAPI feature for some tests users. It is a really interesting feature for us for collaboration, and we are thinking to get the Premium if everything goes well.

Our users use Outlook 2010 32 bits. When they connect to their mailbox in MAPI we noticed that the rules doesnt work properly. The messages are not moved from the mailbox to the sub-folders.
We created the rules manually after the migration of the mailbox.
The rules applies only when you run them manually to clean the inbox folder, but that is off course not the normal behaviour.
Creating the rules on the webmail, it works fine though, but we want to provide a full solution to our users.

This is really problematic. Any idea how to fix this ?

Thanks for your help.

ROM1

Re: Outlook 2010 rules does not work with the MAPI connector

Post by ROM1 »

Is there anybody from the support browsing the forum ??
2 weeks and not even one response... There is no solution ??

Ratcliffe

Post by Ratcliffe »

It's not just you, ROM1. I've been having a laundry list of problems with Outlook 2010 and the connector. I don't have a solution for you, but I wanted to add my voice to yours.

The filter seems to work for IMAP/POP traffic going into the account, so I don't think it's Outlook's fault in this case.

ROM1

Post by ROM1 »

Thanks Ratcliffe.
Well hopefully this will be fixed one day...

cl831

Post by cl831 »

I just purchase a Mailenable Enterprise Premium Editon, and the install version is 7.54, I also find the MAPI connector 1.59 does not work with Outlook 2010 Rules, pls help!

cl831

Post by cl831 »

Any update for the mail rules with outlook connector issue?? Is it possible to fix it?

RNEUSCHUL

Post by RNEUSCHUL »

+1

Latest instances of everything: MAPI rules don't work as expected in Outlook 2010 and there are also issues with synch for folders - not all folders synch correctly during a connect. Sending mail also does not always work. Resynching individual folders solves problems there but does not resolve send mail problems: IMAP and POP3 accounts work fine.

serlogo

Post by serlogo »

hi. also i'am using outlook 2007 and same prablem. couldn't fix. please help.

now i anlyzed an interesting job. this problem just accour between domain user and outlook mapi.
if you send another user (in same domain) a mail by outlook another users's outlook rules not working.
if you send by webmail or using smtp or pop protoccol another users's outlook rules working.
i looked thesee mail headers i also they are same. i couldn't fix.

help..