Outlook 2016 (64-bit) crash

MailEnable's Connector for Microsoft Outlook provides a rich messaging and collaborative interface to MailEnable.
homa-com

Outlook 2016 (64-bit) crash

Post by homa-com »

Every time i install mapi connector for a senond time or update it, outlook crash 2 seconds after i start it!
Only the Splashscreen show up - then crash.
this is since v. 2.42 and up in every version of Outlook 2015 (32+64bit) + 2016(64bit tested) on many (all) systems.
Language is selected to Swiss/German in windows.
Deinstall and reinstall of mapi connector and or office doesnt help.

System (one from many, my work system):
AMD FX-9370 CPU
2 x Radeon R9 280X GPU
4 x 8GB ECC DDR3 RAM
all Watercooled

Windows 10.0.14367 64-bit
Office Pro Plus (2016) 64-bit and many Office 365 (2015+2016)

a second problem is with the calendar syncing with mapi connector and EAS.
In the calendar shows the same event many times.
so this makes the calendar app unusable.
In this scenario is 1 x Microsoft Lumia 735 Phone (EAS), 1 x AllinOne PC with Windows 10 calendar app (EAS)
and 1 PC with Outlook 2016 (MAPI Connector). See the attached png file for results.

thnaks for your help.
Attachments
mehrfach kalender einträge.PNG
mehrfach kalender einträge.PNG (116.95 KiB) Viewed 61146 times

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Outlook 2016 (64-bit) crash

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,
Every time i install mapi connector for a senond time or update it, outlook crash 2 seconds after i start it!
Only the Splashscreen show up - then crash.
this is since v. 2.42 and up in every version of Outlook 2015 (32+64bit) + 2016(64bit tested) on many (all) systems.
Language is selected to Swiss/German in windows.
Deinstall and reinstall of mapi connector and or office doesnt help.

System (one from many, my work system):
AMD FX-9370 CPU
2 x Radeon R9 280X GPU
4 x 8GB ECC DDR3 RAM
all Watercooled

Windows 10.0.14367 64-bit
Office Pro Plus (2016) 64-bit and many Office 365 (2015+2016)
Have you tried creating a brand new mail profile to see if the same behavior is exhibited? Have you disabled all Outlook com addins apart from the the MAPI connector to see if it still crashes?
a second problem is with the calendar syncing with mapi connector and EAS.
In the calendar shows the same event many times.
so this makes the calendar app unusable.
In this scenario is 1 x Microsoft Lumia 735 Phone (EAS), 1 x AllinOne PC with Windows 10 calendar app (EAS)
and 1 PC with Outlook 2016 (MAPI Connector). See the attached png file for results.

thnaks for your help.
What version of the MailEnable server are you running? There were changes made in later releases to avoid this scenario with EAS.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

MERoland

Post by MERoland »

I have the very same problem with Outlook 2010.
Is there any way to solve this?

MERoland

Post by MERoland »

Could this be solved by installing 9.15?
I have 9.13 running at the moment?

smccarthy945

Post by smccarthy945 »

Mine doesn't crash every time but quite a bit. I am running Outlook 2016 32 bit and Outlook crashes at least 4 times a day with the Mailenable connector. When I setup a profile using straight IMAP, no crashing. When I setup Thunderbird with IMAP, no crashing. It's only using Outlook 2016 w/the mailenable connector that makes it unstable. I often see it crash when I am selecting a message and it will hesitate like it's trying to load the message and then Outlook crashes.

I know Outlook is naturally not very stable and add-in's make it even worse. On top of it, I am sure it's incredibly challenging to develop this connector and keep Outlook stable so I don't complain much but it would be nice to have Outlook much more stable running the Mailenable connector. If 64 bit is better, I can switch to 64 bit Office.

If anyone has any suggestions to keep Outlook stable with the Mailenable connector, I am open to ideas.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,
Mine doesn't crash every time but quite a bit. I am running Outlook 2016 32 bit and Outlook crashes at least 4 times a day with the Mailenable connector. When I setup a profile using straight IMAP, no crashing. When I setup Thunderbird with IMAP, no crashing. It's only using Outlook 2016 w/the mailenable connector that makes it unstable. I often see it crash when I am selecting a message and it will hesitate like it's trying to load the message and then Outlook crashes.

I know Outlook is naturally not very stable and add-in's make it even worse. On top of it, I am sure it's incredibly challenging to develop this connector and keep Outlook stable so I don't complain much but it would be nice to have Outlook much more stable running the Mailenable connector. If 64 bit is better, I can switch to 64 bit Office.

If anyone has any suggestions to keep Outlook stable with the Mailenable connector, I am open to ideas.
Please ensure you running the latest MailEnable server 9.77 and the following MAPI connector on client machines and reassess from there:

http://www.mailenable.com/beta/mesetup_x32.exe
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

smccarthy945

Post by smccarthy945 »

Thanks for the link to the download. I upgraded the server to the latest version. I also installed Office 2016 32 bit on my 2nd laptop for testing between 64 and 32 bit. I have installed the latest connector you posted here as well on the 32 bit office laptop and 64 bit. I will let you know how it goes.

Changing the outgoing server port from 25 fixed the sent items issue so the last item is to get Outlook stable.

smccarthy945

Post by smccarthy945 »

So I did the following:

1. Upgraded my email server (Enterprise) to the latest version as recommended.
2. Downloaded the mailenable sync add in from this forum post per the link.
3. Deleted my profile, uninstalled the old version - rebooted - installed the recommended version and created a new profile.
4. Run windows update and patch Office with the latest updates.

Unfortunately, still crashing. Outlook will just be sitting there doing nothing and I will get the Outlook crash box and restarting message. When it works, it now works. However, it's still crashing way too much. This is the 32 bit version I have been working with. And this is a brand new laptop with a relatively fresh Windows 10 OS on it. It doesn't have a lot of crap on it.

Suggestions?

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

We need access to the client machine. The best way forward is to lodge a support ticket and provide Teamviewer session details for the machine. Or alternatively private message me credentials for the mailbox so I can try to set it up on my end to see if the client crashes and gain a better understanding what is causing the crash. Just lodge the ticket under "installation" or "upgrade".
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

smccarthy945

Post by smccarthy945 »

I will lodge a ticket when I can. For now, I just setup IMAP and used a caldav sync connector in Outlook. I will have them take a look as soon as time permits.

Skandiacloud Hosting

Post by Skandiacloud Hosting »

Still happening on 10.27 and office 2019 32/64bit versions.

Inbox works and synchronizes but accessing calendar and contacts, it crashe sright away.