Outlook Mailenable Address Book

MailEnable's Connector for Microsoft Outlook provides a rich messaging and collaborative interface to MailEnable.
sgirard

Outlook Mailenable Address Book

Post by sgirard »

So, normally when I set up a user with the MAPI client, the mailenable address book just works. It is not the default contact list in Outlook, but the end user can select it.

But: I have a user who lost that ability. I have deleted and re-added the outlook MAPI account and the underlying profile, to no avail.

The global mailenable contact list does not appear.

Using the most recent version of the plug in, the server, and running Office 2013.

Any ideas?

rmiller

Re: Outlook Mailenable Address Book

Post by rmiller »

Have you tried creating a new Outlook Profile from the Control Panel -> Mail -> Show Profiles? I have experienced the issue with this address book (a.k.a. GAL) being empty after upgrading a user from Office 2003 to Office 2013. Creating a new profile works to correct this issue, but at the cost of losing the user's auto complete list (suggested email addresses).

sgirard

Post by sgirard »

Yeah, I tried deleting the profile, and all the local MAPI cache and no luck.

I agree, in the past this has solved this problem.

Thanks for the suggestion.

rmiller

Post by rmiller »

You say you deleted the existing profile and the cache, but did you create a new outlook profile? It sounds like what you did would work, however, there may be more to the issue like a registry component. I started creating new Outlook Profiles for uses and cleaning out the registry of old reference to Office and am now having success upgrading users from a very old 32 bit version to the 64 bit version of Office 2013. I found a way to maintain the auto-complete list while getting the GAL to show correctly. Hopefully something I wrote will spark an idea!