Times shifting

MailEnable's Connector for Microsoft Outlook provides a rich messaging and collaborative interface to MailEnable.
sgirard

Times shifting

Post by sgirard »

I am having a lot of trouble with times of Outlook appointments shifting.

One day it says 2PM, next day it says 6PM.

My users are rebelling and going back to paper calendars because the times are so random.

Does anyone have any ideas what to check? We are using the most recent version of enterprise, with the most recent MAPI plug in, in an Outlook 2010/2013 environment and mobile calendaring with EAS.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Times shifting

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Not going to be an easy task to pin point the problem since you have multiple clients accessing the same calendar. The problem may be the EAS client or MAPI that is changing the time of the calendar event. Therefore the next time it occurs have the client note down the specific details of the appointment and the date/time they notice it change. Once you have all this information lodge a ticket and provide us with access to the MailEnable server so we can trace within the server side log files.

You will also need to enable the MAPI connector client side logging and instruct the client to save the log file when they see the problem occur. To enable MAPI logging please see: http://www.mailenable.com/kb/content/ar ... D=me020589

The same will need to be done for the EAS logging. Please see:
http://www.mailenable.com/kb/content/ar ... D=me020611
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

rmiller

Re: Times shifting

Post by rmiller »

I noticed after upgrading to Enterprise 9.14 that all recurring events had the +/- hours from UTC stripped out. If edit the series by 30 minutes, save and close the series, and then reopen the series, the time zone is now shown in the event series and can now be corrected.