Sent Items Gone!

MailEnable's Connector for Microsoft Outlook provides a rich messaging and collaborative interface to MailEnable.
smccarthy945

Sent Items Gone!

Post by smccarthy945 »

I am using the Mailenable MAPI connector and I have noticed that every time I sent an email and it sends and moves into SENT ITEMS, it then disapears never to be found again. Can someone tell me why sent mail is suddenly disapearing at the next sync after it's sent? I see the email get moved to SENT items and then after the next sync its gone!

Some mail stays in sent items while quite a bit disapears. Can someone help as this is getting to be a big problem.

Thanks,

Scott

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Sent Items Gone!

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Enable the MAPI Connector logging by following steps in the following article:

http://www.mailenable.com/kb/content/ar ... D=me020589

The MAPI client sends up a custom SMTP command to the server where it then knows to copy the message to the mailboxes sent items folder. This is most likely failing. Search the MAPI client log file after sending the message for: MESAVETOSENT. If it is failing the problem will be a proxy/firewall filtering the SMTP transaction and dropping the connection when the MESAVETOSENT command is issued.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

aahq

Re: Sent Items Gone!

Post by aahq »

Try turning off any AV especially Symantec. We had that issue. Symantec was messing with the messages.

Scott