Outlook 2013,2016 Keeps unloading and disabling mail enable mapi add in.

MailEnable's Connector for Microsoft Outlook provides a rich messaging and collaborative interface to MailEnable.
grahamdms

Outlook 2013,2016 Keeps unloading and disabling mail enable mapi add in.

Post by grahamdms »

Hey!

I will start by saying that we are IT people. We provide support for over 2000 people. We run our own in house mail server with exchange active sync .
Recently for whatever reason outlook seems to have an issue with mail enable add in or mapi connector.
You will configure the eas account. Then it will work for a few days. Then outlook just unloads and disables the add in. You can tell because the customer can no longer send and receive email. the server tab at the top of the screen disappears and outlook becomes useless.

We have found work arounds for this issue but im wondering why this is happening? Ive done lots of digging and reading and there is no actual fix. We found a work around by going into the windows registry and cleaning the outlook resiliency folder. Then checking the disabled add-ins key and removing the me mapi connector from it. Then after that a simple reinstall of the connector and its fixed( for a week or so until it happens again. ) . We never had issues like this with 2010 or a few years ago. wondering if anyone has run into the same issue and what the resolution was. ?

its getting really annoying as it keeps happening with certain people.

thanks in advance -
Graham(canada)

sgirard

Re: Outlook 2013,2016 Keeps unloading and disabling mail enable mapi add in.

Post by sgirard »

This happens to me as well, all the time. I have found no fix either.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Are you both running version 2.74 located on our downloads page? Check the Windows event log as it should contains errors and when the addin was disabled.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

sgirard

Post by sgirard »

Thanks, Ian, I updated my clients to 2.72 (latest that was available) and will watch it.

twun

Post by twun »

We have a registry script to try and resolve this issue as mentioned https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/emeams ... w-add-ins/

I have noticed lots of disabled mapi plugins frequently with in the past few days, i do not know if there has been an update to outlook or windows that has been causing this behaviour, is anyone else experiencing similar issues?

csmonkeh

Post by csmonkeh »

Hello

Has there been any progress with this?
A client is having the exact same issues as the OP, although we have yet to perform the regedit work-around.

Any feedback welcome!

Thanks

csmonkeh

Post by csmonkeh »

Hi!

We've had this exact issue with a customer, whereby we have to reload the connector because it randomly disappears and they then can't send/receive emails.

Has there been a solution to this asides from the regedit?

Thanks

scotty562

Post by scotty562 »

This is becoming a serious issue for us as well. Does anyone have a working resiliency Regedit solution? Users being unable to use their email because of this add in disabling itself is unacceptable.

grahamdms

Post by grahamdms »

Anyone find a resolution?

I now have a windows 10 machine with office 2019 doing the exact same thing. One minute the addon is there installed and working fine, then she logs off and back on again and the add on isnt even listed . Its as if outlook uninstalled it completely!
One day its there. The next day its gone. No warning errors or anything pointing us to a solution. I do however check the add remove programs and its still showing as installed in the pc. But just gone from outlook .
Its happening more and more frequently.

very annoying. We need a permanent fix for this. Come on mail enable help!

grahamdms

Post by grahamdms »

Hey guys,

so we figured something interesting out.

The open protocols connector for outlook path is being changed by outlook 2019. We created a global registry file after the addons was missing and ran it and bingo! now its back again! The file we created simply registers the path for outlook to see the mapi connector.

the correct path should be : c:/WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MAILENABLEMS32.DLL when it crashes or is missing you go look at the addons and its completely missing from outlook. after running this .bat file that we created, this points it back but only for a certain period of time before it crashes again.

For 2016 the scenario was different. It was blocking the add on because of outlook thinking its running to slow. So it just blocks it untill you force it to not block anymore. now a new issue with 2019.

any help would be appreciated. I think Ian better get involved.

thanks

Graham

learjet3204

Post by learjet3204 »

I am having this issue with several systems.
Did they ever get this resolved?
outlook 2013 mainly here.