Occasional Missing Email with Outlook 2016

MailEnable's Connector for Microsoft Outlook provides a rich messaging and collaborative interface to MailEnable.
MartyScIV

Occasional Missing Email with Outlook 2016

Post by MartyScIV »

We have a dozen or so Outlook 2016 users (w/ Windows 10) with the MailEnable Connector (2.72) talking to MailEnable Enterprise Premium (2.75) running on Windows 2012 R2. Many users are also using ActiveSync with their phones as well as on their Windows 10 desktop and report that email to their phone is fairly instantaneous and emails to their desktop can take 20-30 seconds and sometimes over 2-5 minutes. And 1-2 a day never make it to their Outlook 2016 at all. If they close Outlook and reload it then all their email appears. Some are in the habit now of unloading and reloading Outlook couple times a day and some keep their phone near them to verify they got everything.

Is there some tips on troubleshooting this? I've tried removing all of the plug-ins that don't serve a purpose. I just removed the plug-in that did their Anti-virus as a test and it didn't cure it 100% although some reported better performance. The 30 second delay is not a major issue but the couple emails a day that never appear until you reload Outlook are concerning.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Marty

MartyScIV

Re: Occasional Missing Email with Outlook 2016

Post by MartyScIV »

UPDATE: Did some more research. It also appears that the client occasionally doesn't update the server with "msg read" data. When I close Outlook 2016, wait a moment, and then reload, it not only picks up one or more new emails from the past, it will turn a couple emails from read to unread. Again, I am talking about 1 out of 50 emails perhaps (seem random) so it's more of a nuisance currently--but my concern is that one day it will be an important email that is the one that Outlook decides to skip. How can I troubleshoot this communication issue between client and server? What log files should I be looking at? Is there documentation I should be reading on this?

Thanks,
Marty

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Please update the client machine to the following MAPI connector which contains various sync fixes relating to flags and notifications. The 2.73 connector is a release candidate which will be available in the upcoming weeks.

http://www.mailenable.com/beta/mesetup273.exe
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

MartyScIV

Post by MartyScIV »

Thanks, Ian!

I will check it out and report back.

Marty

PJCAfonso

Post by PJCAfonso »

Hi all

Last week we was confronted by some users on all postoffices on our server, they lose some folders on they computers, with outlook 2010, 2013 and 2016.

We already try to add subscribing that folders, but we have on server directory of each postoffice\user, but we can't see on subscribe/unsubscribe folders, on each users.

We also check the permission on server of all forder that are missing on list on MAPI folders, and check with other that appear on that list.

we try to run on server the "RebuildDirStructure,vbs" with no sucess.

Anyone can advice what can we do to solve this problem.

MERoland

Post by MERoland »

Did the update to 2.73 solve the problem for anybody here?
What is described here is the biggest problem I experience with Mailenable (second to that are the alway appearing Sync dialogs).
I Have the Add-In in 2.74 version and the most current Mailenable.
I have plenty of mailboxes in Outlook 2016 and sometimes Mail just does not get polled from the server before I restart Outlook.

radou

Post by radou »

Dears,

Any news on the post? we have the same problem.
Sometimes need to delete the ost to synchronise the email .

DaveZ

Post by DaveZ »

This is an ongoing issue for me as well, actually for years. I believe it has been here since we first moved to MailEnable, though it might've been introduced with the upgrade to Win10Pro. I can't be 100% certain here.

A random email message simply does not show for up for a user until Outlook is closed and reopened. Often this is the next day when the user logs in to start the new day. This also means that the message is often overlooked! There is no rhyme or reason as to which messages it happens with. There is no way to duplicate it. Trying to track it down is a nightmare!

In our case we are using:
MailEnable Enterprise Premium 9.75
on Windows Server Standard 2008 R2
With ME Outlook Connector versions 2.6 through 2.73. (Not every PC is updated. No one version seems to fix this bug, or the other 2 we have so it's a waste of time to patch every machine)
Windows 10 Pro
MS Office Outlook 2007, 2010, & 2013. 32bit & 64bit

This had also occurred in ME Enterprise Premium version 8.

Besides upgrading the server to 10.18 and the clients to 2.74, what can we do to nail this down and correct it?

It has been over a year since anyone from MailEnable has weighed in on this. Do they still monitor the forums or do they only host them for us to share our problems and figure it out ourselves?

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Your version of MailEnable 9.75 is outdated. There has been many fixes to IMAP and indexing since 9.75 and therefore the first step is to download 9.81 and update the MailEnable server.

You can find 9.81 here: http://www.mailenable.com/downloadprevious.asp

Once you have updated the server you also need to patch all client machines running the connector. I know this is time consuming but we cannot debug old versions as there are no reported issues in the current release kits relating to missing messages.

If the above doe snot help then the next step is to lodge a support ticket and provide access to log files and examples so a technician to can further troubleshoot.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

DaveZ

Post by DaveZ »

Hi Ian,

Is there any particular reason I should upgrade to 9.81 and not 10.18 as I indicated was going to do?
Besides upgrading the server to 10.18 and the clients to 2.74, what can we do to nail this down and correct it?
If I upgrade a handful of clients to 2.74 and a few days later they have this very same issue, why should I invest the time upgrading everyone? Are you telling me that v2.59 running on one PC interferes with v2.74 running on a different PC that connects to the same server?
there are no reported issues in the current release kits relating to missing messages
Ian, Let me apologize for being out of line, a jerk, or worse, but I really don't know a polite way to ask this. Since your last reply to this thread over a year ago, PJCAfonso posted in August, MERoland in February, and radou in April. Don't they count? Perhaps they, like me, were waiting for some sort of update. I'm being pushed to be more vocal right now, as it happened to our CFO a few days ago. I understand that it is entirely possible that you PM'ed them and their issues are resolved, but isn't the entire purpose of this forum to help all of us? Being silent for a year until you are poked doesn't help anyone.

I will update my server next weekend. I have already updated several clients and will update a few more. I don't have much faith that this will resolve it, as I've been here before more than once. Unfortunately, this issue is extremely intermittent and impossible to replicate on demand. What else I can do that might help to track this down if the upgrades do not solve it?

Ian, I sincerely thank you for your time,
-Dave

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,
Is there any particular reason I should upgrade to 9.81 and not 10.18 as I indicated was going to do?
If you have the option to upgrade to 10.18 then I would recommend doing so as there are fixes in 10.18 that are not in the latest version 9.81 and don't have a time frame for when the next release of 9.x will be. Therefore, for all the latest IMAP fixes it would more ideal to upgrade to version 10.18.
If I upgrade a handful of clients to 2.74 and a few days later they have this very same issue, why should I invest the time upgrading everyone? Are you telling me that v2.59 running on one PC interferes with v2.74 running on a different PC that connects to the same server?
Yes it can.
Ian, Let me apologize for being out of line, a jerk, or worse, but I really don't know a polite way to ask this. Since your last reply to this thread over a year ago, PJCAfonso posted in August, MERoland in February, and radou in April. Don't they count? Perhaps they, like me, were waiting for some sort of update. I'm being pushed to be more vocal right now, as it happened to our CFO a few days ago. I understand that it is entirely possible that you PM'ed them and their issues are resolved, but isn't the entire purpose of this forum to help all of us? Being silent for a year until you are poked doesn't help anyone.
We don't recommend seeking managed support within the forum. Its a discussion board and should not be used for managed support. While we try to answer and provide help as much as we can in the forum our support technicians are mainly geared towards our support ticketing system.

As suggested it would be best updating the server and clients and if the problems persist then please lodge a support ticket under the category of "Upgrade" (free submission) and we will help troubleshoot in more detail.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support