Calendar sharing with two domains and same email prefix.

MailEnable's Connector for Microsoft Outlook provides a rich messaging and collaborative interface to MailEnable.
cqi

Calendar sharing with two domains and same email prefix.

Post by cqi »

Ian:

Having an issue with the enterprise version of ME and ME Connector when I go to share two calendars from two different domains in a on-premise version of Outlook. Note: the user's prefix is the same for both domains. Example below.

sue@domain1.com
sue@domain2.com

Sue's calendar is shared to Bob's account.

When I go to Bob's Outlook on his computer and share Sue's calendar from domain1.com, it adds it fine in the ME connector.
When I go to add Sue's calendar from domain2.com, I get an error.

I have attached pics of the errors.

I'm assuming their is a name conflict here. Is that the problem and how do I get around it?
Attachments
error2.jpg
error2.jpg (19.65 KiB) Viewed 30919 times
error1.jpg
error1.jpg (18.94 KiB) Viewed 30919 times

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Calendar sharing with two domains and same email prefix.

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

How are you connecting to the shared resource? Are you using the MAPI Connector menu in Outlook for "Open Resource"? The Open resource list should only list "Sue" as a shared resource even if she has mapped domains to the mailbox. Therefore I'm trying to understand how you are adding the shared resource for Sue under domain2.com?
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

cqi

Post by cqi »

Hi Ian,

Yes, using the MAPI connector, on Enterprise Premium 10.0 now. Before I set up the client with MAPI connector, then I went to configure the shared calendar, then I tried adding two shared calendars to my client's Outlook profile - one from each domain with the same prefix. First one added, the second one gave me an error.

However, today I set up a new profile on my clients machine, and tried adding both and it worked. I could add same prefix of two different domains to one Outlook PST.

I'm not sure why it worked today and not when I originally set it up. Any ideas?

cqi

Post by cqi »

Ian,

Results are very inconsistent. I can't add two calendars with the same prefix from two different domains with Outlook 2010. Every time I make a change to an account, I get duplicate emails, appointments, and contacts with my other accounts.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Can you provide detailed steps how you have created the shared resources and connecting to them so we can setup the same scenario on our end.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support